Witches and Wonder Woman

It's October 31st, 6:55 PM. The sun lowering behind the trees as I make my way to Hopper's cabin. 

The woods feel eerie as I drive through along the dark road. I wouldn't admit being afraid of the dark to El, but when I'm alone there's no way in hell I'm taking the risk of being stranded in the woods at night. 

I tap my steering wheel with my left hand in a nervous pattern. El and I are doing matching costumes and I don't know if I went overboard with mine or not. Our idea is kind of weird, but I doubt anyone else will be doing it. I'm Wonder Woman and El is the Lasso of Truth. I'm decked out in a Wonder Woman costume that's a bit out of my comfort zone. I have the confidence I need though because El thinks Wonder Woman is hot, also me, she is my girlfriend so I'd hope she'd think I'm attractive. 

I pull up in front of the cabin and cautiously get out of my car. Scoffing at how stupid I'm being, I've come over here a million times when it's dark. But maybe the spirit of Halloween is getting to me.

All of a sudden a figure jumps onto my back, I yelp but relax when I realize who it is.

"I'm practicing being a lasso. How'd I do?" El says as she gets off my back and faces me. 

I roll my eyes, "So great. Don't do that again though, you're gonna throw out my back."

El mimics how I rolled my eyes and pulls me into a hug, "Sorry Wonder Woman." 

I kiss her cheek and sigh, "You're forgiven," I say dramatically. "Do you like my costume?" I ask, a hint of nerves resonating in my words. 

El looks me up and down, making me blush. After a long moment of consideration she responds, "Mhm. I'm glad you suggested we do this, carrots." 

I nod, happy that she likes my costume. Then I give an equally long look at hers, "Well you look like a lasso...a very cute one! My hands are going to be rope-burned tomorrow."

El shrugs, "So don't hug me 24/7."

I fake an offended look, "That's homophobic Jane."

El walks over to the passenger seat, "Sure."

I mumble about how hurt I am as I start the car and begin driving off. We have a party to go to!

El and I screamed monster mash at the top of our lungs all our way to the party. It's at Mike's house since he has the basement and a dad who won't notice if you take 20 bucks from his wallet to buy alcohol. Mike got it from some sketchy kid in his 3rd period Chem class. I have no faith that whatever shit Mike got us isn't poisonous so I'm going to pass. 

Once El and I park on the road we head inside, immediately greeted by Dustin who rushes up the stairs. His face looks confused, "What are you guys supposed to be?" he says as he motions towards our outfits.

I pull her into a side hug, "I'm Wonder Woman and she's my lasso of truth." 

Dustin looks our costumes up and down and shrugs, "I guess they're...okay." 

I punch him in the shoulder, "Lasso do your thing." 

El places her hands on Dustin's head and starts humming, she shakes her head, "Dusty bun you lied. You love our costumes."

Dustin shakes her off and starts heading down the stairs, "MAYBE."

I give El a smirk and take her hand, letting her lead me down the stairs. The whole party is in the basement that must have been decorated by his mom. Taped up above the couch is a giant handmade poster. It's obviously by Will considering how great it looks. He drew characters from all our favorite horror movies along with some cut out photo prints of us where he painted our heads so that we're wearing pumpkins. I turn to find Will, who is proudly admiring our reactions. El gives him a hug, I go back to looking at it, smiling at his talent. 

After I greet everyone else we settle down and watch a movie. Lucas chose Jaws, which isn't that scary, to me at least. El was cuddling up against me the whole time, squeezing my hand when the music got suspenseful. 

After it's over El turns to me, "Is the ocean really like that?"

I shake my head, "Well there are sharks but this is exaggerated. When we go to the ocean I'll protect you though, give those fuckers a smack on the nose."

El rolls her eyes, "Close your eyes and open your mouth."

I oblige, sticking my tongue out at her as I hear the rustling of a wrapper. El gently grabs my chin, "Stop squirming butthead." Soon I taste the sweetness of a skittle. "Do you taste the rainbow?" El asks. 

I open my eyes and pretend to lick her face, "I will later."

El's face goes red, but an undertone of excitement shines through her embarrassed reaction. 

Smirking I tease her some more, "No words for me?"

Before she can answer Dustin plops in between us, "Let's keep it PG kids."

I grab another packet of skittles and open it, chucking its contents at Dustin. Then I pull El up and into a long kiss to annoy him, but also just because my girlfriend is hot. 

I go into the bathroom to grab something and head to the door, facing El, "We're going on an adventure." 

El raises her eyebrows, "What's the toilet paper for Max?"

I give her a look and slink out of the door, ignoring her questions. Taking shortcuts through peoples' lawns I get us to the perfect house for what I have planned, Stacy Albright's. 

Right as I'm about to throw the first strand of toilet paper I see the front door open, "HEY!" an accusing voice shouts.

"RUN!" I say to El.

We sprint away, leaving behind the toilet paper. Once we think we're safe El throws her arms up, "What just happened?"

I start laughing at her confusion, taking a few moments to collect myself. "I wanted to show you how to TP a house," I explain. 

El rubs her temples, "Why babe?" she says, sounding amused.

I take El's hand, "...Experiences?"

She sighs, "Okay love."

We start walking, enjoying each others company we follow the moon until the rest of the party finds us and drags us inside to play games until the sun comes up.