Chapter 13

They were closer to Suna with every next step, the three shinobi were guarding the gate that led to the village. Once they got there they had to discuss the tactic with the person equivalent to their ANBU captain and Kita had to look around and somehow, no one cared how she would do that, had to get the scroll from Kazekage before the battle with Akatsuki would have started.

The guards let them in without any questions as shinobi from Konoha had explained they had been sent as a support and were about to meet with other Konoha forces that had come to Suna before them. I should've realised,' Kita thought as she had saw all Suna's buildings made of stone or the sand. 'I bet they used a special jutsu to keep them still. It is probably as easy to destroy them as Konoha.' She started to wonder what would she do if she indeed stood face to face with Itachi? Was she capable of fighting him? After all, they had used to be friends and also, for some reason no one bothered to tell Kita more of Akatsuki and their abilities besides the fact that they were dangerous.

'Of course, I'm the only chunin here so why would anyone told me? Who cares about me? I'm just a chunin. THEY'RE GONNA REGRET TREATING ME THIS WAY! I'LL SHOW THEM, DATTEBAYOOOO! Oh god, I'm turning into Naruto...'

The Kazekage's headquarters was located in the very centre of the village and was guarded by more than five shinobi outside. Everybody knew that Sunagakure no sato was not as important as Konoha, they lacked of ninja forces and they had not much resources to trade with other countries however, it did not change the fact that they were on good terms with Hokage.

As it turned out ANBU had already talked to the main tactician of Suna and as it turned out, each of Ibiki's team would be accompanied by an ANBU division, so together they would take on particular Akatsuki members, whereas the other three left would be fought by Konoha and Suna forces joined together. 'Sounds good to me,' Kita said, knowing her opinion during that mission did not matter at all and no one would care what she had to say as her main task was to figure out how to snatch the scroll of Shodaime that had been stolen from Konoha many years ago.

'Shinobi who patrol outside the village hasn't noticed anybody so far,' said the man name of Baki who was wearing bandages that covered half of his face. 'We received no information on when exactly they would attack.'

'Where's Kazekage?' Kita asked, eyes of everyone suddenly turned on her as if she made a faux-pas, 'What? I'm just asking.'

'Lord Kazekage is busy and you will not meet him during your mission,' Baki replied, eyeing Kita from head to toe. He got the impression as if he had seen Kita before but his mind was blank. 'And you are -?'

'Sarutobi Kita, the granddaughter to Third Hokage of Konohagakure Sarutobi Hiruzen.' At those words Baki half-bowed to the black-haired kunochi whose arms were folded across her chest and she herself was rolling her eyes.

'Gomenasai, I had no idea that the granddaughter of Konoha's Hokage would arrive as well. We've been informed only about his son's arriving as one of the Konoha ninjas to help.'

'Never mind that,' Kita waved, giving him a warm smile. Although she had no plan of how to get the scroll yet she came up with an idea of spending her time on meeting Kazekage, if it was according to Baki undoable she would achieve her goal anyway. 'I wonder, my grandfather wanted me to talk to Kazekage-sama about a very important thing and I wanted to ask is there possibility for me to get an audience with your Kage?'

Baki hesitated, 'Well, I'll talk to Kazekage-sama and ask him then let you know however, I can't see a reason why he'd have any objections. Konoha is our ally and we celebrate relations with our allies.'