Chapter 5

Dinner with Hokage and his family where Naruto had met Konohamaru and Kita's uncle and Manami's brother, Asuma had passed in a very pleasant mood. Surprisingly, Hokage hadn't asked Naruto too many questions but, by contrast, Kita's cousin, Konohamaru had done and even had seemed to be fascinated with Naruto. 'His teacher is stupid,' Naruto had said after dinner when he had been about to say goodnight to Kita.

'Ebisu, you mean?' Naruto nodded. 'Hey Naruto, if you want you can stay tonight. I know you live alone and well, I mean maybe you'd like a company? We could talk, I could show you my room and stuff. Of course, I understand if you don't –,' before Kita had managed to say anything more Naruto had surprised her by hugging almost raising her off from the ground. 'Wait, did I say something wrong?' she asked, afraid.

'Kita-chan,' Naruto started, sobbing loudly, 'that's the best thing anyone ever offered me!' the two had returned inside and as Kita had come to a halt in an arch leading to the living room she had informed, 'Mum, Naruto's staying over tonight. We've to get up early tomorrow, Hatake wants to see us at five.'

'Kita, it's Kakashi sensei for you,' Manami said sternly while Hiruzen glanced at his granddaughter and daughter, watching. 'And that's for your grandfather to decide. After all, it is his house, not ours.'

'Really? And what happened to the house where we lived with dad?' asked Kita, folding arms across her chest. She had known very well that her mother did not like when Orochimaru's name was brought up in any conversation and Kita did not want anyone to rule over her to the point where she could not invite her friends over. 'Maybe you tell me where it is and I and Naruto will go there? Or have you burnt it down?'

'Kita, you're talking to your mother. Show her respect she deserves,' Hiruzen said harshly all of the sudden, having her attention at once but Kita was silent, lowering her gaze until Hiruzen added, 'Naruto can stay. Now, both off you go to bed and if I hear you're not sleeping –'

'Thank you, grandpa.' Naruto had been standing behind Kita all that time and listened, but as Kita had come out from the living room he had pretended to look around.

'Kita-chan, I have nothing to change into,' Naruto said all of the sudden as they were walking upstairs.

'Don't worry, I have some things dad's left. He hadn't much time before leaving and to pack, you know? Mum got rid most of his things but I kept some and there is something I have to tell you. Please, don't freak out,' Kita started to say, feeling snakes fidgeting in the pockets of her coat. Naruto nodded.

'I have this ability to talk and understand snakes. Since I was a little girl they've been attracted to me, I mean like they've been coming to me. The same was with dad but never mind. What I want to say is that there might be some snakes in this room but they are not dangerous. You're my friend, they won't hurt you.'

Naruto blinked thrice before he let out, 'You talk to snakes?' Kita nodded. 'And they're not dangerous.' Kita nodded once more. 'And they are in this room.'

'Actually, I have two in my inner pockets right now.' Naruto blinked again in shock. 'Naruto, are you alright? Did I scare you?'

'Just a bit.' WHO NORMAL CAN TALK TO SNAKES? THIS IS CRAZY! WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO?! AAAAA!

*

Last night passed in a peaceful atmosphere, Naruto slept like the dead meanwhile Kita was unable to fall asleep, knowing she would have to get up before five o'clock and did that when it was three. The sun had already risen and no sound besides birds chirping was coming from outside, even Kita's snakes were not moving as if they were dead. They must have caught something tonight,' Kita thought, looking at bulges visible on their two stomachs.