Chapter 6

Similarly to Naruto, Kita had enough of doing tasks that were boring and mundane. She hated babysitting, working in the garden, walking out the dogs or taking care of cats. Animals were usually able to detect snakes in Kita's pockets, they got scared and did not let Kita touch themselves. 'How am I supposed to take you out for a walk if you don't want to co-operate?' she asked the dog which was barking at her from at least five minutes.

Kakashi Hatake usually did not help, all his time when he was supposed to supervise the team he was spending with his book. 'Wait a minute, I know this series. Is it this Icha-Icha Paradise stuff? Written by Jiraiya?' asked Kita, as she was standing in the water and attempted to catch fish. She knew Jiraiya was her mum and dad's friend, that even he had been a teammate of her father's once however, things changed after Orochimaru had left the village. Yet still, Jiraiya tended to visit Manami from time to time, which also meant he has been visiting Kita as well and every time Kita heard almost the same: you resemble your father but just a bit,' Oh, I see. Wanna show uncle Jiraiya this new Jutsu you learnt? You know I can teach you some as well.'

Hatake looked up at her then smiled and, 'WAIT, DID I ACTUALLY MAKE HIM BLUSH?' Kita thought. 'I thought you'd rather read more – ambitious literature,' when Kakashi was about to respond they heard Naruto's scream. He had been taken by the current. 'AAAAA KITA-CHAN! HEEEELP!' However, Sasuke was closer and he was the one to catch Naruto in the nick of time before he fell and Naruto, well Naruto did not seem happy about it. That was the only exciting thing that happened so far at any of their missions.

After that mission when they went to the Hokage headquarters to give their report, Naruto was unable to stand it any longer. 'Ey, ey, Kita's grandpa!' he called out. Kita hid her face in hands, embarrassed. 'Those missions we're given are boring. Could you give us something more serious?' Sakura and Sasuke also agreed with Naruto that their missions were extremely dull and there was no way they would help them become real shinobi.

'More serious you say?' Hiruzen looked up at him, smiling thinly. 'Your missions are suited to your level which is Gennin,' Kita wanted to reply but felt Kakashi's hand on her arm. For a second Kita felt like many years ago when she had hurt her leg at training and her father had comforted her. One of the things had done had been laying his hand on her arm.

'Don't touch me, are you mad?' she asked, brushing Kakashi's hand off. 'What do you think you're doing?' Hiruzen took his eyes off Naruto and startled, looked at his granddaughter. The very same thing did the rest of Kakashi's team. 'Maybe you can date my mother but don't even think you can replace dad!' Their eyes widen in shock.

'Kita –'

'YOU'RE DATING KITA-CHAN'S MUM, MANAMI-SAN?!'

'Naruto, shut up!' Haruno said firmly, hitting him in the head. 'This is Kakashi sensei's personal issue, don't pry!' At the very same moment Hokage bellowed, 'QUIET!' and everyone went silent. 'That's better. Now, as I was explaining to Naruto all missions are suited to the rank and abilities of shinobi. For every order from a client the village gets paid. There are four ranks: D, C, B and the most dangerous A. For each of those we needed shinobi and Gennin gets the simplest ones, here in the village.'

'HEY, THE OLD MAN! FIGHT ME!' Konohamaru ran into the room, heading at his grandfather when he stumbled on his scarf. Kita hid her face in hands once again, embarrassed, 'My family.'

'Hey Kita-chan,' Naruto said to her, 'isn't that your cousin?' The only thing Kita wanted to do at that moment was to vanish or stop being Sarutobi for a while. Before she noticed Naruto was arguing with Konohamaru, hitting him in the head like Sakura had hit him before a while. 'It's already the third time today. I must admit he's determined.' Hiruzen had thought when Ebisu appeared and helped Konohamaru get up. The boy ran out from the room, making Ebisu run after him.