chapter 2

Next morning, Kita was woken up by a loud knocking at the door. Her mother was still away on a mission, so Kita knew that it was impossible it was her, then it must've been the only one person but when she slid the door open, standing only in grey shorts and white t-shirt she saw not her grandfather but her uncle, Asuma.

'Hi Kita,' Asuma said, grinning at her and gnawing on a matchstick. 'How are you doing on your own?' Kita frowned her eyebrows at her uncle, she hadn't expected to see him there. 'Well, your mum and grandpa are away so I thought me and Konohamaru should visit you. Is that okay?'

Kita now realised that her grandfather had left Konohagakure two days ago to visit Amegakure to participate in celebrations of five years peace between the two villages.

'Sure, come in.' Kita said, looking down at her cousin and went on, 'I'm fine, not mentioning that the guards are following me like I'm Konohamaru but –'

'HEY!' the kid shouted at her. 'DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! ONE DAY I'M GONNA BE HOOOOOOO –' Konahamaru stumbled down on his blue scarf and fell on the floor, crying loudly. Kita raised her eyebrows in amusement, barely preventing herself from bursting into laughter.

'Well, you have to defeat Naruto then,' Konohamaru looked at Kita in bewilderment. 'It's his ambition too to become Hokage.' Konohamaru went red and looked down, not saying a word. 'Uncle Asuma, what is it?' she asked, seeing a troubled expression on the man's face.

'Yeah, about the guard - We've added two more people to watch you.'

'WHY?' Kita had hissed through gritted teeth, turning around abruptly. 'Why are they watching me?'

'Because you're a part of Hokage's family and no one's here with you right now. If someone decided to attack you –'

'You know very well that I'd be perfectly fine.'

'I know, but still, precautions must be taken. Just in case.' Kita snarled. 'Konohamaru, stay here. I have to talk to Kita in private.'

'Sure,' the boy mumbled under his breath and lay down on the floor. While Kita and her uncle were out in the garden, the former said no word until Asuma started a conversation. He had hesitated for a while, not really being sure how to bring the matter he wanted to discuss but knew he must have talked about it with Kita sooner or later.

'Your exam is coming. I was wondered if you needed anything, any help.'

'I'm good, thank you.'

'Kita, why are you angry?' Asuma asked, stopping gnawing on a matchstick and looked at Kita interrogatively. All he could see was anger in her eyes, her jaw was clenched as if she was preventing herself from saying anything. That was when her eyes seemed dangerous...

'Because I'm thirteen.'

'And?' Asuma suspected where that conversation was going.

'I'm still a Gennin.' Asuma sighed loudly, he was right. 'I should've become a Chunnin years ago. I hate him for doing that to me. He's stopping me from achieving my fullest potential.'

'Maybe that is why he's doing it, so you can achieve your fullest potential having the right people on your side.'

'You can never trust people, you never know what their real intentions are,' Asuma raised his eyebrows. 'Father told me that before he left and I live by this rule til this day.'

'You must understand Kita that your father had to leave. He was too dangerous.'

'Oh, so is that what the Hokage is afraid of? That I might be dangerous, too?' Asuma looked at his niece who was standing just a few steps away from him. The wind blew lightly, moving her long black hair. Her eyes coldly fixed on Asuma, awaiting his response. 'Everyone knows I should be a Chunnin long time ago and everyone knows I'm not because of the Hokage, that in the end, he decides. But you agree with him, don't you? Like my mother does? You do everything he tells you to, you don't even think for yourselves.'