chapter 7

The fight was going well for Kakashi before he found himself trapped in a bubble above the water where he had hidden in, thinking he had been able to lure Zabuza in his trap but Momochi was not a typical ninja A-ranked, he was the Devil. He was an assassin sent to kill Mr Tazuna whom Team 7 has been escorting to his homeland. They already had fought two ninjas from Kirigakure and now, Zabuza himself.

This time fight with Zabuza was more ferocious than before. Zabuza was everywhere managing to hurt Kita Sarutobi, not her clone but Kita herself. She was coughing blood, lying on the ground, writhing in pain while Sakura was the only one left to protect Mr Tazuna as Sasuke and Naruto were trying to set Kakashi free and defeat the opponent.

'Kita, look at me. Look at me,' Sakura said when she had run-up to her teammate together with Mr Tazuna. 'Talk to me, you hear me?!' Kita was on the verge of passing out. Sakura pulled out her kunai and ripped Kita's coat to have something to staunch blood with. 'Kita, don't you dare die on us. Can you breathe?' Each time Kita tried to take a breath her stomach hurt mercilessly. We should interrupt the mission but we can't. Kakashi sensei is trapped, Naruto and Sasuke try to set him free and Mr Tazuna... We can't leave him,' Haruno was thinking. 'MR TAZUNA! WHAT DO I DO? WHAT SHOULD I DO?' Shi and Seikatsu glided out from the coat's pockets and glided onto Kita's chest. 'What are they doing?'

'I – I don't – know,' Kita gasped. Snakes were heading towards her stomach, towards the wound.

'She should be taken to the hospital at once.'

'But we can't leave them!'

'That's okay Haruno, it's nice of you to stay with me. The real team never aborts and teammates should never leave each other, right? No matter what.' Sakura nodded in response, she felt helpless. Not only wasn't she fighting but also was unable to help Kita, the only thing she could do was to press on the wound to not let her bleed out completely.

'Kita, please stay with us. We need you.' Sarutobi smiled dimly, her face was draining out of colour.

'Are you joking? I'm not going anywhere. My mother will kill herself if I die, in the afterlife she would kill me once again,' Sakura laughed, sobbing. Even though she tried to stop crying she couldn't, and one of the rules of shinobi was to never show emotions or any weakness no matter what was happening.

'Why are you crying?' Kita asked. She felt a bit better as if gained more strength, looked down her waist and noticed that Seikatsu has been releasing a white stream of substance from his fangs. 'It doesn't kill me. It is healing me,' Kita thought in amazement. 'Life, right. Life and Death. Seikatsu and Shi. Of course, of course!'

'TAKE THIS, YOU DUMBASS!' Naruto yelled behind Zabuza's back who just figured out their plan. He had three clones behind his back and another Fuma Shuriken flying at him, he had no choice but to let go of Kakashi. Uzumaki fell into the water and when he swam to the surface he heard Kakashi complimenting his and Sasuke's co-operation.

'Sensei Kakashi's back in the game!' Sasuke called out to his female teammates but not receiving any reply he turned around to check on them. What he saw for a while he didn't know but everything became clear a second later, 'NARUTO!' he yelled for his friend, Uzumaki was getting closer to the shore and was surprised when saw Sasuke helping him out.

'Why are you yelling?! You want me to go deaf?!'

'KITA'S WOUNDED.'

At once the boys headed towards the lying on the ground Sarutobi girl and two people gathered around her. Kita had already closed her eyes but she was not dead, her chest was still raising up and lowering down as she was breathing, her snake Seikatsu lay on the left side of her chest, but Naruto hadn't noticed any of this. His eyes were focused on Kita's sleeping face. 'Kita-chan?' he gulped and fell to his knees. He took her hand in his, took a pulse and let out a sigh relieved. Uzumaki clenched his fists and looked at their sensei fighting Zabuza on the water, they were moving around so fast that they were barely noticeable to a human eye. 'I hope he'll kill him,' Naruto said through gritted teeth, 'for what he's done to Kita-chan. Kita-chan,' he repeated her name once again, this time shaking her gently. 'Kita-chan? Kita-chan!'