Chapter 8

That was it, Zabuza was hunting them again and this time if Mr Tazuna had left the house on his own to work on the bridge with his fellow builders, he would have been dead by nine in the morning. Naruto had left at Tazuna's house, probably still asleep and here we go me and Sasuke two on one, to fight the boy named Haku. 'Haku,' Kita said, stepping forward and heading towards the boy whose face was hidden behind a porcelain mask. 'How old are you? You sound younger than us.' Kita came to a halt halfway, awaiting a reply to her question but Haku was still silent.

'Kita, it doesn't make sense,' Sasuke said, standing next to his teammate. Sakura was protecting Tazuna while Kakashi and Zabuza were about to start their fight, unfortunately barely anything could be seen as Momochi used his special jutsu and created a very dense fog. Kita and Sasuke were seeing only their opponent, from time to time heard the sounds of kunai hitting against each other, wind whirling or water movements.

'Wait, Sasuke,' Kita said sadly, stopping him as he was about to perform seals for his Katon. She came closer to the boy who aimed five senbon at her. 'I know who you are, Haku. Listen, you don't have to do this, we don't have to do this. Is it really worth it? Sacrificing your life for that man? He's only using you.'

'Mr Zabuza gave me home, he took care of me when no one else did. I was starving on the streets, without a home, without warm clothes in the middle of winter and he took me in. I know I am no important, I know that I am only a tool. He took me in so he could use my talents and as you know because you are very clever, I come from a kekkei genkai bloodline family. Father was mad when he found out what I could do, I was only five when my ability to use chakra started revealing itself and he was furious. Killed my mother, so I killed him as well,' Haku said. 'Mr Zabuza did more for me than my own father ever did. That is why if I die for him I will be happy to. Don't pity me, Kita-senpai. You're a worthy opponent, as well as your friend. I thought there was four of you, where is this funny kid?'

'Probably still asleep,' Kita chuckled, then smiled thinly at Haku.

'Kita, what are you doing?! The sooner we fight him the better, we can help Kakashi sensei!'

'Sasuke,' Kita looked at him with pity and extreme sadness in her eyes. He had never seen eyes so sad, even to some point in tears. 'You really don't understand, do you? He's like seven years old,' Kita almost whispered the last sentence. 'You really wanna kill a child? An innocent boy?'

'He's not innocent! He helped Zabuza! He hid the truth from us! You know very well who he is, you saw what he can do!'

'I don't wanna fight you but Kita senpai.' Sarutobi girl sighed loudly, then stood barely a metre away from Haku. 'Will you do me this honour and be my opponent?' Kita nodded sadly and before she could blink Haku sealed them in a place with icy mirrors.

'KITA!' Sasuke had to jump away to not get hit by icy spikes that had been sent at him. 'BAKA!' But Sasuke could do nothing at that moment, he had to figure out a plan to help his female teammate. He hoped Sakura was dealing with protecting Tazuna and Naruto would finally appear, Sasuke had never wished for his help as much as at that moment.

Kita looked up and saw as what at the beginning thought were Haku clones his reflections in every mirror. The real Haku was in one of them, manipulating the rest with his chakra but how possibly Kita could differentiate the real ones from the rest? 'Shi, Seikatsu any ideas?' Kita asked her snakes telepathically, only one thought was enough for her to communicate with the two snakes in her pockets and give them orders. 'Katon. Let us destroy the mirrors, use your scroll.'

'He throws senbon, you can die from poison.'

'No, we can't. We are not like other snakes, we come from Ryuchi Cave, we are the descendants of the White Snake. We had been given to your father after he had become an adept and reached the Sage mode. We are Life and Death, we cannot die.'