chapter 9

Having arrived in Konoha it had been impossible to pass around a medical check-up. Having examined young shinobi and their sensei medics hadn't found any serious injuries to their bodies, by that time Kita's wound had been properly healed, only wanted them to get some rest. 'Rest? Rest?! I'm not tired, I must train dattebayo!' Naruto called out with enthusiasm and grin on his face.

'Damn, does he never get tired?' Hatake thought to himself. Uzumaki was pointing and grinning at Kita, telling her she should be training along with him, which basically meant Naruto wanted Kita to supervise his training but she was too exhausted and the only thing she wanted similarly to Kakashi, Sasuke and Sakura was to have proper sleep.

'Not today Naruto. What about my wound though?' she turned to the two medics. 'Can I fight fully?'

'I'd advise trying not to overstrain yourself for another few days, Honourable Granddaughter.'

'Yeah, yeah, yeah,' Kita muttered under her breath, waving blankly at the name that medic had called her. She folded arms across her chest, thinking, 'I hate when they're calling me that.'

'Alrighty kiddos, get home safe and take some rest. We'll see each other tomorrow on the training field at eight. Mate ne!' Kakashi said, then with another second was gone.

'Yeah, ja ne!' Sasuke said, then was gone as well. Kita and Sakura followed his footsteps and also headed home. Naruto was the only one left and before he even realised the medics were also gone.

'I should get some ramen,' Uzumaki thought out loud.

*

The Third Hokage was taking a stroll around his village, currently, he was admiring mountains – the landscape of Konoha he loved the most. Birds chirping above his head, hiding in the branches of the trees in their nest, and fresh open air was things he needed after spending 

constant six hours behind his desk in the office. Hokage's job was difficult but Konoha was his home, a place he loved and its inhabitants were his family and he would never leave his family in need. That was why he knew that he was ready to die for the village if that had to be done.

His contemplation was interrupted by a sudden fast swish behind his back. As Hokage turned around he saw a white-haired Jonin with a scroll in his hand reaching towards him. 'Hokage-sama,' said Kakashi, bowing in half to the Sarutobi.

'Hatake Kakashi,' Hiruzen let out the steam of smoke from the pipe. 'Finally, you're back. Took you and your team more than I expected.'

'We've come across some problems but fortunately, my team is safe and sound,' Kakashi smiled, Hokage took the scroll for him. 'My report.'

'Thank you, Kakashi. Tell me, did you do as agreed?' Hatake looked down in the right corner for a while, thinking about Kita and her words of slaughter, her spectacular fight with Haku and Zabuza, then nodded.

'Hai, I watched Kita as had been told, however, haven't noticed any suspicious behaviour. Her abilities increased though, I must say,' Hiruzen chuckled. 'Hokage-sama?'

'I doubt they did, recently Kita hasn't been training as much as she used to. For a while, I thought she gave up but no, she never gives up, this girl. You just hadn't seen what she can really do. Kakashi, it is possible I'll have another mission for you and some ANBU members in two day time.'

'ANBU?' Hatake frowned his eyebrows. 'S rank mission, I suppose?'

'Yes, you find out all details soon. I'll send for you, now go and get some rest. You must be tired.'

'I won't lie I am.' Hatake bowed to Hokage in half then jumped on a branch above them and headed towards the north of the village.

*