Chapter Twenty-Six

Dixie's Pov:

After getting home, we had a chill day. We hung out with Cali and watched movies for a few hours. I even got Noah to take a nap with me. It was his first one of the day but fourth for me. We ordered chinese food for dinner and went for a walk around the grounds while telling each other jokes. Before going to bed, we took a bath and Noah let me do skincare on him. This was the closest I've felt to normal since I was born.

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. There was note left on my nightstand but I didn't want to read it cause I already knew it was going to say he was going to be gone for the weekend. He told me a few days ago that he was going to be traveling to Switzerland to deal with some "businesss" but I knew that was code for "I'm about to go kill someone."

I sat in bed for a while before I remembered that Riley had asked me to go shopping with her so I got up and got ready. After throwing some jeans and a t-shirt on, I went downstairs and found Riley making muffins. I swear that girl is always in the kitchen.

"Hey!" I said happily.

Riley looked over to me, sending me a quick smile before continuing to pour batter into the paper cups. I decided to wait until she was finished until talking again so I wouldn't take away her concentration.

"So do you want to go shopping in a little bit?" I asked as she closed the oven door.

"Yeah that sounds good. Can you watch these while I go change?" She asked, untying her apron and hanging it in the pantry.

"Sure!" I said, moving to sit on the counter.

Riley smiled at me and then left out the back door to her small house on the grounds.

While I waited, I grabbed my purse and looked through it to make sure I had all of my necessities. 20 minutes later, Riley came back inside with a big smile.

"Do you want to take your car or mine?" She asked, moving towards the front door.

"We can take mine. I haven't driven in a long time." I told her as we left and went to the garage.

We pulled out f the driveway and onto the main road with Chase following closely behind me. We decided to go into the city and shop since more of the high end stores would be there.

We went into different shops and found small things we liked but never bought any of them. I did find a small gift for Noah that I would give him when he got back home.

"So, anything new?" Riley asked, looking through different racks of clothes.

"No not really." I said with a slight giggle.

"Well how are you and Noah?" She asked, using his first name.

"Wait he let's you call him by your first name?" I asked her, surprised.

"Well yeah. We are cousins after all." She said with a laugh.

"He really doesn't tell me anything." I said, exasperatedly.

We continued shopping and talking until we came across a certain store. I tried to not let Riley see it because I knew she was going to drag me in there. Just when I thought I was free, her eyes lit up.

"Oh my god Dixie! We should totally go in there!" She said, pointing to the lingerie store then grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the front of the shop.

"No! Wait Rile-" Before I could finish my sentence we were in the store.

"Come on Dix. It's going to be fun and I bet Noah will love if you got something." She said with a smirk.

"I bet he would but he's not going to get anything." I said sternly.

"Oh whatever. You know you're going to get something for him." She told me with a roll of her eyes.

I followed Riley around while she picked out different things, casually looking at different sets. Riley kept trying to convince me to buy a set for myself but I didn't want to give in.

"Come on Dixie. If not for Noah, buy it for yourself." She said as she finished walking around the store.

"No I don't want to." I whined.

"Were not leaving until you get something so you might as well grab a set." She said with a sigh.

"Fine." I said, walking over to one of the tables and picking up some red lace.

"Happy now?" I asked as we walked out the door.

"Very." She said with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes as we continued to walk back to the car with all of our bags. We threw our bags into the backseat then got in to sit and find a place to eat lunch.

It took us another hour before we were finally on our way back home. We listened to some more music and talked about our childhoods until we got home.

Riley went and put her things away in hr house while I ran upstairs and threw everything on Noah and I's bed. I ran back downstairs since we were going to watch a movie and found Riley making some popcorn in the microwave.

Just as I was about to leave the kitchen, I got a phone call from Noah so I happily skipped to the living room for some slight privacy.

"Hi baby." I said happily.

"Dixie-" I heard Curtis' voice.

"Oh hey Curtis. Why are you on Noah's phone?" I asked, extremely confused since Noah wouldn't even let me touch his phone without looking over my shoulder every second.

"Dixie I need you to get Riley and sit down." He rushed. He sounded like he was running and out of breath.

"Okay." I said, waving over Riley to come sit next to me.

"What's up?" I asked, setting the phon down after putting it on speaker.

"You have to promise me you'll stay calm." He said, taking a breath.

"Yeah sure. Curtis, what's wrong?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"Noah's been shot."

A/N- Complain abut a cliffhanger one more time. I DARE you. This is a joke I love all of you. School started yesterday so don't expect any chapters very often. Bye besties! 🥰🤞