Chapter Thirty-One

~Two Week's Later~

Noah's Pov:

I've been truly happy these past few weeks, Dixie and I were doing great and things within the business were relatively calm. It was honestly funny to me how upset Dixie and I were about the whole agreement at the beginning of meeting each other. Now, we were the happiest people on planet earth.

We had found a group of men that were formerly in the Italian Mafia who swore by Dixie's father. They were his main men and decided to rebel against their oath after Dixie was put into power. We were taking care of it quickly but it seemed as though they had teamed up with another mafia and continuing to grow in numbers.

That was another thing, Dixie being put in charge. She had actually come to me and told me she would like to be apart of it. It was surprising at first but I went with it and we were now the most powerful couple in the world.

Forget the presidents and prime ministers of the world, we could overthrow them in an hour if we wanted. The only bad thing about that was that it put a bigger target on our backs than there was before.

I decided against stressing over work anymore and go up to bed. It was already 10:30 so I knew Dixie would be up in our room, either showering or laying in bed. I left my office and walked down the hallway to our bedroom doors.

When I opened the door, I saw Dixie sitting on the floor next to her garbage can. Her face was pale and she was shivering slightly.

"Baby. What's wrong?" I asked as I squatted down in front of her.

"I'm not feeling the best." She said softly, looking up at me slowly.

"Do you know why?" I asked her while pushing some pieces of hair behind her ears.

"Well my period started for the first time in almost seven months so my body isn't reacting the best way." She told me while she sat up on her knees and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I let my hands rest on her hips after pulling her onto my lap. She sat there with her head in the crook of my neck as I held her, comforting her as much as I could. In a way, this was my fault.

I stood up slowly and climbed into bed with Dixie still wrapped around me. I rubbed her back and stomach to help soothe any cramping. I left sweet kisses on her cheeks and forehead, soothing her to sleep after another 20 minutes. I laid in bed for a few hours before I finally fell sleep alongside Dixie.

~Three Days Later~

Dixie has started feeling better now. She had more energy so she wasn't laying in bed sick all day long. She would still sit on the couch for hours but she was eating food now and actually moving around the house.

It was around 9 p.m. now and I was sitting in my office finishing up some paperwork. I heard the door open so I looked up and saw dixie in her favorite pair of silk shorts and a sports bra.

"Hi babygirl." I said as she started walking over to my desk.

"Hi." She said softly.

I put my hand out for her so she could grab it After she held on, I pulled her onto my lap and rested my hands on her waist.

"How are you feeling my love?" I asked after kissing her lips passionately.

"Better than a few days ago." She said with a slight giggle.

"That's good." I said with a kiss to her forehead.

She nodded and rested her head on my shoulder. We sat in a comfortable silence as I continued to fill out different papers and answer text messages before Dixie asked me an odd question.