Chapter Twelve

Dixie's Pov:

When I woke up, the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Noah's staring directly into mine. I smiled at him and lifted my hands to run them through his hair. He put his arms tighter around me and pulled me closer than I was before.

"Good morning my love." He whispers hoarsely.

"Good morning." I whisper back.

"Do you want to take a bath together?" He asks me softly.

I nod my head and he smiles. He softly grabs my upper thighs and brings my body on top of his. He stands up and lifts my body so he's holding me up by my thighs. I completely forgot I wasn't wearing any clothing so I got embarrassed but didn't say anything.

When we got to the bathroom, I look up from his shoulder and see a steaming bath with bubbles and rose petals floating on top. It smelled of fresh flowers and I could see a slight tint of pink underneath the bubbles. There were some small candles around the edge but not to many so the room is still dim. I look up at him and see him smiling down at me.

"Noah why did you do all of this and when?" I ask him as I look back at the water.

"I did it cause last night was heavy and I feel terrible for making you bring up those memories again. I put boiling water in so it would stay hot for when you woke up. I think it should be the perfect temperature now since it's been about 30 minutes." He says as he begins to move me down into the tub.

As I'm placed fully into the water, I can feel my body fully relax. I look over to Noah who has since removed his pants so I quickly looked down to give him privacy. He let's out a chuckle and gets in behind me and pulls me back into his chest.

He grabs a loofah from a small basket and pours floral scented soap on it, then he begins to wash my back. He washes my whole body before I turn around on his lap so I'm facing him. I take the loofah from him and proceed to wash his body. Once we finish, I lay on his chest and let him hold my hips.

"I can't wait to do this when you're nine months pregnant and ready to pop." He tells me as he runs his hands through my hair.

I just look up at him in shock. I guess we had never talked about having babies but that just solidified it.

"What's wrong? Do you not want to have kids?" He asks me getting a sad look on his face.

"No not that. I want babies you just surprised me." I tell him while putting my hands on his cheeks."

"Oh thank god. I was worried you would tell me you didn't want kids one day and it was going to make me really upset cause that's honestly my dream." He tells me while letting out a sigh of relief.

"How many babies do you want?" I ask him excitedly.

"As many as you'll give me." He says while picking up my hand and leaving kisses on the back of it.

"I think four is my limit. That's a lot of money and people to care for." I tell him genuinely.

"Hey don't worry about money and we can always get help from others." He tells me while lifting my chin.

"No I don't want to get help from others. I should be able to take care of my own children by myself. They are my responsibility and I shouldn't have had children if I couldn't handle that." I tell him sternly.

"Of course love. You have me too. It wont just be yourself to take care of them." He tells me while readjusting the way we were sitting so I was more comfortable.

"Yeah but you're going to be busy. My father always was." I tell him in a sad voice thinking about my dad again.

"Mine was too but I can be different. I promise." He says before leaving a loving kiss on my lips.