Chapter 5

Luke was really creeped out by the nightmare, he just sat in his room and looked at the storm raging outside. At least the soothing sounds of the storm outside, soon something came into window view, it was Katie!

Luke opened his window and said "What are you doing here? It's too dangerous outside now!"

Katie smiled and said "Im wouldn't miss my best friend's birthday for the world! I wanted to give you this" she said, giving him a small present.

"What's this?"

"Open it and find out"

Luke soon opened it and when he did, it was a new phone. It was the same model as Katie's, a flip phone. Luke looked stoaked to see the phone, "Is this..?"

"Now we can talk whenever!" said Katie, Luke soon came over and hugged his best friend, Katie. The hug lasted several seconds and Katie asks Luke if he thinks they could hang out outside, Luke is reluctant but since it's his birthday, he wants to go have fun.

They climbed out of the window and went outside, Katie had an umbrella to protect them from the rain. It wasn't that late out so it's not like every street corner has one of those "terrorists" waiting to kill them.

Katie and Luke biked around the city for quite a while, they were enjoying their time and Luke had an awesome time hanging out with his bestie. They soon got bored biking around and decided to climb up one of the buildings, they parked their bike and chained to a nearby signpost.

Kaite and Luke walked into the alleyway for some time before they climbed up a ladder that led to the roof of the building that was flat. They sat on the edge of the building and looked at the wall, how gigantic it is, and how there are just forests behind it.

"What do you think is past the wall? Beyond the forest?" Luke said

"I don't know, those woods are gigantic and they go on for miles. There could be anything out there, I mean I did encounter Moonhidora about 10 miles into those woods"

"I know... but... there has to be more out there. Where is Ghidorah? Do you think he would've destroyed everything by now? Or did something happen to him and it's safe to go outside now?" 

"I haven't read as much as you have, but I wouldn't be surprised if something DID happen to him? Do you think Moonhidora defeated him?"

"I doubt it, the legends from our family book said last time they fought, Moonhidora disappeared into the caves of the earth, they thought she was dead. In THAT battle, she was with Godzilla and the other titans. I don't think she'd be able to take him by herself"

Katie looked scared, if not even something as mighty as Moonhidora could defeat Ghidorah, then this Ghidorah is the real deal.

"Well if she can't take him, what can?"

"Legends says Godzilla, with the help of Moonhidora and other titans defeated Ghidorah and froze him in a place called Antarctica. So Godzilla might be the only one who could defeat Ghidorah"

"Well... he needed a whole army to fight him"

Luke and Katie were silent for a moment, they just looked at the wall ahead of them.

"Do you know what it's like to die?" said Katie

"...I don't know, why?"

"Im scared..."

Luke held Katie's hand, "Hey, it's okay to be scared. As long as we have each other, we'll be fine"

Katie smiled, "Okay, Mr 13 year old!"

Luke and Katie began laughing and joking around, Luke maybe 13 years old now but that doesn't mean he's lost his sense of child-like mess around nature. Luke is still, a kid.

Katie and Luke soon decided it was time for them to head back home and began climbing down the ladder. "Hey, did you heard our city's power may run out in a few months?" said Katie

"So I've heard"

"If the city power goes out, that doesn't just mean we won't have the lights out. Everything electric-based is out"

"Yeah... that is kinda scary if you think it"

"They better find a way to make the power stay online, or I just wasted $100 buying you that phone" Katie said before giving off a soft chuckle

"Yeah, I hope so to-"

*BANG*

A loud bang has heard behind Katie, it sounded like a gunshot. The initial gunshot was so loud her hearing was muffled for a moment and she heard ringing. The muffled hearing and bringing persisted after seeing Luke drop to the ground, a gunshot wound on his head!

"Hmph, you kids are a real handful, ya know? Sneaking away from your parents and disobeying the law just to discover some truth. Hmph, what brats" a grown male voice was heard behind Katie. A deathly chill ran down her spine as the hairs on the back of her neck stood.

Katie slowly turned around to see one of the terrorists standing about 3 meters away from her.

"We've been looking for a while now, Katie Victoria Johnson. We know you've been past the wall for quite a while now, and your friend there knows about Moonhidora. Im afraid you both know too much and as you know, a loose end has to be tied up to avoid collapse" said the terrorist as he pointed his Glock-18 at her, it was still smoking from when he shot Luke.

Katie saw her life flashing before her eyes, there was nothing she could do to avoid her fate. No amount of martial arts training or strength in muscles can stop a bullet from sinking into your skin and seriously messing you up. Katie began to tear up as she saw her family members as she was about to die.

Soon, another gunshot was heard... from behind her. Katie closed her eyes and flinched, but she soon realized she was still alive. She opened her eyes and saw the terrorist on the ground, dead.

She turned around and her savior stepped out of the shadows, it was another one of the terrorists but this one was female and had different colored gear. "Hmph, Marshal was always known for his sadism. I could tell letting him join the army was a mistake from the day he joined" she said.

She soon looked down at Katie and said "Katie Victoria Johnson, it's a pleasure to meet you"

Katie ran over to Luke's body and said "What do you want?!"

The woman dropped the gun and said, "Relax, im not gonna hurt you" she soon began approaching her. "You stay away from him!" yelled Katie, standing up and taking a fighting position.

"Im not gonna hurt you, I wanna help you two" the masked woman said. "W-Why? Who are you?" Katie said.

"Well... you see. Im the leader of the terrorist group, as you call us and I know that may be hard to believe... but it's true. You might know me from the legends this city holds" the woman said.

"W-What? What do you mean?"

The woman soon took off her mask and her hood, revealing her face. She had wavy dark brown hair and green eyes, "My name... is Madison"