Chapter 3

Lucas was looking for Katie, he was getting concerned for her as she didn't show up in school without so much as a call. That is unlike her at all, she would usually tell him she's sick and can't hang out today... today she ditched school without so much as a word. Lucas was on the sidewalk, walking around, hoping to find his friend.

Luke was getting really worried for Katie, thinking someone must have kidnapped her. He soon found her bike on the side of the street, he got panicked and ran over to the bike. He looked around frantically and he soon noticed the open manhole, it was right next to her bike. Did Katie climb into the sewers?

Luke looked down and saw the ladder going down, he called for Katie and heard no response. He then looked at the bike and noticed the lock, it was Katies lock, meaning she chained her bike here and must of went into the sewers. "Katie, what are you doing down in those sewers?" he muttered to himself, contemplating whether he should go down and look for her or call the police and have a search party for her.

It wasn't until he heard Katie's panicked voice behind him, he looked at Katie who was frantically climbing out of the manhole and she shut the manhole. Luke yelled at Katie's name, but she was unresponsive, she crawled to a nearby wall and sat against said wall.

Luke came over and kneeled beside her and noticed the petrified expression on her face as if she just saw a ghost. "Kaite, what's wrong? Where were you?!" said Luke, "I-I-I, I was i-in the sewers... the wall, I went past the wall! T-There's-" said Katie, studdering on her words and was talking really fast!

"Katie! Slow down, what happened?"

Kaite took a deep breath

"I... I can't tell you, not here"

Kaite soon got up and lead Luke into a nearby alleyway.

"I... went past the wall"

Luke's face turned to shock "You What?!?!"

"T-The world outside is not wastelands... there beautiful. there's something there too..."

"Hold on... what are you talking about?!" Luke was in disbelief

"I shouldn't have said anything... i-it's too dangerous, I have to go..." Katie said as she went to her bike, unchained it, and began biking home. Katie looked at her phone and it was 3:30 PM and she knew her mom was gonna lecture her about ditching school.

She soon arrived at her apartment building and made her way up the stairs and into her apartment room, where she saw her mom sitting on the couch, glaring at her. Katie just looked at her, preparing herself for the lecture.

...

Luke went home, he was a bit shaken up by Katie's state and how strange she was, she usually never keeps secrets from him. He remained in his room, reading books about the titans before the wars. Like Kong, The MUTOs, Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah, Scylla, Behemoth, and Methuselah. Sounded like the days before these days were a lot better and safer, you could go anywhere around the world rather than being confined in this city.

Shortly after Luke got home, a storm rolled in. It was raining, thundering, and the wind was howling.

Luke soon got bored reading stories and soon watched TV with his dad, he was watching the news about the poverty rates in the city increasing. The city has always been like this, many of the buildings here are run down, falling apart, or are in a state of disrepair and there are a lot of homeless people out on the streets.

 The city has always been like this, many of the buildings here are run down, falling apart, or are in a state of disrepair and there are a lot of homeless people out on the streets