Clues

☉ Ananya

Oh God I am so scared. I am so screwed. And poor Xena, she is alone and probably terrified.

I never would have thought that this is how I would go down. My whole life is flashing in front of my eyes.

Once the trembling stops, I pull myself up. I turn and start walking. I look back. I can still see the others by the doorway and they seem to be shouting. Liam is pointing at his object and everyone is looking with terrified eyes inside.

Huh... I cannot hear them.

I turn around. I don't know how much time is left on the timer. I have to find Xena before that.

Another turn to the right. I take it. And another shake and rumble. Fuck!

I dive back onto the path I was on. Wait.. dive..

I stand quietly and think...

Pay attention before you dive....

It could have meant that dive outside. But it could mean this as well. There is no point thinking the rules of the puzzle would change, right? We followed the two. Where do we balance the logic and heart? Not yet, we didn't... Did we? Except the following part, we didn't really balance the logic with heart yet. Except now...

We found the place where fire meets ice, but paying attention before diving holds true right now too.. Doesn't it?

I turn a full circle, and my right hand brushes the opposite wall.

Wait a minute! It was farther away before if I remember it correctly. I turn towards the wall, feeling it with my hands. And turn back around to walk to the other wall. Ten Feet.

It is a risk, but I need to know before proceeding further. So I walk ahead and take the right turn again. The walls and ground shake, Xena whimpers loud. I dive right back.

Heavily breathing with fear, I trace my steps back to the wall and walk to the other wall. Eight Feet. Fuck!

The maze is fucking shrinking with every wrong turn!

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck!!!

I don't know how much it can shrink. So I have to be bloody careful now... don't I?

Okay Ananya, think.

So we followed the two, but haven't really used logic and heart. We found the place where fire met ice, and paid attention before we dived. But I have to pay attention now too. Everything isn't as it seems... we solved that, right?

I know what's happening. Everything has to be kept in mind now as well.

Listen to my gut.... I have to do it. But so do Liam and Logan, and probably the others too. How and for what I don't know... but they will also have to listen to their gut.

I close my eyes and listen to Xena's whimper. I hear it. It is faint but it's coming from somewhere on my far right.

I move forward. Still keeping my ears open for sounds of her. I can hear faint shuffles and whimpers. There is a pathway to my right. I take a few steps in and the rumble starts again. This time I hear Xena's whimper and howl, loud and clear.

I step back on to the main path I was taking and the rumbling stops.

I clutch at my Ganesha pendant and pray to him that I am able to save Xena. And to give me an additional boost, I use the energy healing signs to connect with her. I close my eyes, and focus on sending her energies, and establish the connection, and tell her softly, "Baby girl, I am coming to get you... hang on tight."