Julian

Julian

Australia, 15th October 2017.

I watch them leave. It takes all the self control I possess not to go after them. Not to go after her. But I know I have to be patient. They were all even more than I'd thought they would be. More good looking, more graceful, more radiant, and more connected.

After waiting for so long, seeing her, hearing this scumbag spew rubbish towards her, set my blood boiling. If I were to think back and try to remember when last I'd lost control of my bloodlust like this, I wouldn't .

Jaxon and Aratria entered the hall, along with a few others. Jax and Aria are my most loyal warriors. Call them mercenaries, warriors, soldiers, whatever you deem fit. The fact is that they are an extension of my weapon, my limbs and sometimes, an extension of my thoughts as well. They've been my brothers (and sister) in arms for as long as I can remember. But they are also my best friends, and we've worked together tirelessly to be here at the right moment.

"Who are they?" Jax asks looking at the four men on the ground.

"Some spunks who dared threaten them."

That's all I need to say. Jax catches on to what I want them to do. "Give us half an hour, we'll get rid of them and come find you."

"I will help you."

"No. Today has been a BIG day. We all know it. We know how long you've had to wait for this moment. And we know how much self control it takes to hold yourself back. We know. So you go and relax for a bit before tomorrow's hike. We'll wrap this up and meet you in the room" Aria says, happiness evident in her eyes for me. I nod as I move to pass them, Jax claps me on my shoulder and Aria throws her arms around me. I return their gesture. I am elated. I am so happy that I could dance like a bloody moron and not care a damn about what people think about it.

All because I was able to stand in close proximity to her, to them.

As I leave the mansion I look up at the sky. I see the stars are starting to wink and the moon is shining. I offer my heartfelt gratitude to them and ask for strength to help me in the journey ahead. I can only hope, that after so long, I get what I want. And I want them. I want her. Always her.