Loss

Ananya

I see myself dressed in a golden shimmering pantsuit kind of a dress. I look beautiful. I was still me, but more than me. You know what I mean? There was a man standing in front of me. He is dressed in some kind of a fancy black looking thing, with hair tied at the base of his neck. His back is to me. I walk around, carefully trying not to draw attention and come to stand where I can see both of them - this Golden-Me and the man. Wait...that's not possible. It is Rishi...How the fuck........

He starts talking, "I would want to present my sword to you as a token of my heart. You know for warriors that is the biggest thing that can be pledged, right?"

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Is this Rishi proposing to me, dressed as a warrior, right after I hear a story about warrior queens and pledges? Fuck me!

Then the Golden-Me starts talking, "Stop it Flavius. I appreciate this. But I really don't think it will work. I really don't know you and you are much much older than me."

Okay now that is freaky.

I can hear them not speaking English, but in my mind I can understand them as if they are speaking English. Wow.. either my brain is intelligent or crazy. Or maybe I am still drunk in my dream.

Just then a movement caught my eye. I turn to look at what caused it, when I see my mother in law, looking younger, dressed in a bra looking top and a weird looking straight pant thing. It is not really straight pants. But looks close to it. And is made up of some metal thing.

Is my mind really showing me my fucking mother in law right now? I am rolling my eyes so hard that I am afraid they will get stuck in the back of my head.

I skirt around to go take a closer look at her. Her eyes are full of betrayal and rage. And it is all aimed at – Rishi.. Well well well.... Seems like there is trouble in paradise.

Then I hear a rustle and find that she has slit her wrist. Oh God! How do I save this moron in my dream? Is she dying in real life?

Then I hear her speak, "I command the stars with my dying breath that every birth you take, I will own you and your soul. You will only ever love me. Never go against my word. For eternity, for all lives to come, we will live it together. If there ever comes a time when you find someone else, then you will never be free from my spell and you will never find reciprocated love. This is my last wish. With Stars as my witness, this is my honest and dying wish."

And then she collapses. Just. Like. That. She collapses.

Oh God is she really dead in real life? Isn't this what the dreams are meant to show us?

I see the Golden-Me and Rishi/Flavius turn at the sound of the thud. My heart is hammering as I think that they will see me. But they don't. Huh. Weird. Can I be invisible in dreams?

I digress.

When the dream Ananya and Rishi reach the corpse of my mother in law, both of them gasp. Rishi sways and he too falls down. Dream me is left looking at both of them. Then I, the dream me, lifts both of them on each of her shoulders, and carries them towards a gate that can be seen a short distance away. I can see people running towards her to ease her of her burdens.

But holy-moly-macaroni! I am in some super strong avatar of mine in this dream.

I find the world starts to shake.