Chapter 16.1 - The Blackmailing Mishap

Don't kill me after reading this chapter, please. In this chapter, I have experimented with different POVs.

I'm writing the next part of this chapter now, it will be posted by evening.

Not proofread.

Happy Reading. :)

___________

Kaustuki's P.O.V.

Oh God. Ab kya karu? How do I make it right? Gosh. Even sir is tensed about this. What if someone circulates this picture all over the internet? How can someone do this? What would happen if my parents see this picture?

Author's P.O.V.

Sanyukta was lying on the sofa, watching a show on TV, she was almost asleep.

Her phone buzzed, intimating about a text message.

She checked her inbox, finding a text message from an unknown number.

As soon as she opened it, she read the contents, she was baffled.

It said, "A picture has been emailed to you, open it ASAP, to know about your husband's 'work'."

The text was so horrifying, that she couldn't figure out what to do next.

Sanyukta's P.O.V.

What the freaking hell is this? This could be a scam. Whose number is this? How could this person get my number and send such a text?

I fumble with my laptop and somehow switch it on. It turns on and I open my mail. As soon as I log into it, I see a new unread mail.

I clicked it open, I saw that the mail had an attachment enclosed along with it.

The sender - wellwisher20152015@gmail.com

Well wisher? Who could it be?

I clicked on the attachment, there was a picture.

I was shocked beyond wits. How can Randhir be in this picture?

It was a picture of Randhir sitting naked on his office chair, with a girl dressed in cheap lingerie sitting on top of him.

The picture was forged, for sure. And who could this girl be?

Author's P.O.V.

It was disgusting for sanyukta to even look at the picture. She knew this picture was edited in such a way that it could damage the reputation of Randhir's company, or do some kind of personal damage to him.

She dialed Randhir's number, "Uh.. Hello Sanyu, kya hua? Are you okay?" asked Randhir as soon as he answered the call, after ending his conference meeting.

"Tum please abhi ghar aa jao," cried Sanyukta, as she shut the laptop to hibernate.

"S..sanyu kya hua hai? Batao na? Are you okay? Why are you crying? I am leaving from the office now, please take care of yourself. I'll reach in 20 minutes."

He rushed towards the door of his cabin with phone and car keys in his hand. He just couldn't compose himself.

He was already tensed about his ex-girlfriend blackmailing him about a photo-shopped picture. And now what has happened to Sanyukta? Is she okay? Has that bitch sent her the picture too?

But how could sanyukta react this way? Oh gosh no. What if she doesn't believe me? What if she leaves me and files for a divorce?

He was lost in such thoughts while driving, that he realised much later that he already has reached home.

He unbuckled his seatbelt, opened the car door, and ushered into the house like a maniac.

What he saw, stabbed his soul into billion pieces.

_________

The next part of this chapter is being written, please have patience. I swear I won't separate them, and this story will have a happy ending, in case you reach the heights of assumption.

The second part of 16th chapter (The current one) will be posted till evening, I suppose.

Stay tuned,

Karishma. <3