Chapter 1 - The Married Friends

The Shekhawats had finally found a daughter in law for their bachelor son, Randhir. The house was busy with decoration chaos.

On the other side, Aggarwals were satisfied with the son in law they had chosen for their daughter, Sanyukta. The celebration was on.

This was the scenario of the to-be-married couple's family. But what about the two, who were going to tie the knot with each other?

They both had seen each other only once, in a family meet & greet function, where they hardly spoke to each other. And both the families fixed their marriage, finding it suitable for their children.

The pre-wedding functions like mehendi, sangeet, haldi, etc were very well organised and celebrated.

The dawn of the evening meant the union of the two souls.

Both the families were happy with the addition of a new member in their family. The hall was very well decorated, with the mandap in the center. The ladkiwaalas made sure that the preparations were perfect for the occasion, ignoring the hustle-bustle.

Soon there was a commotion, hinting at the entry of the ladkawaalas in the venue. Randhir and his family were welcomed in the hall, with randhir sitting in the mandap.

After 10 minutes, the pandit announced for the bride to sit beside him, for the ceremony to begin.

She was led inside the hall, her face adorning a tinge of shyness along with curiosity to see her soul mate.

She was made to sit beside Randhir, to whom she gave a shy smile.

The ceremony began with pandit chanting the mantras and binding them with each other, with sacred thread.

(I won't describe the wedding scene, to not make the plot boring and dull. Also, I exactly don't know about the ceremonial occurrences! :p )

The ultimate scene of bidaai brought tears in the eyes of all women, who reminisced their wedding moments. Sanyukta hugged her parents, sobbing in their hold.

"Nahi beta, aise nahi rote. Randhir tumhe bohot khush rakhega. Aur usse milke hamme bhul na jaana." said teary eyed Kishore to lighten up the situation, hugging Manju and Sanyukta in his embrace.

Randhir smiled at his father in law, promising him that he will take care of their daughter - now his wife.

They both were made to sit in the car, headed towards Shekhawat residency.

There was sheer silence in the car, with sanyukta suppressing her silent tears, with randhir beside her.

Randhir held her hand, giving her a calm assurance of support and honesty in their new life.

Sanyukta smiled at his gestures and rested her veiled face on his shoulder, grasping comfort.

The car screeched at the entrance of randhir's home - now her home too, with Renuka already present at the doorstep, welcoming them with a thaali and kalash at the entrance.

They welcomed the bride, and soon all the rituals were performed. (Again, I won't exaggerate this, as I don't have any detailed idea.)

Sanyukta was sent to the room, with alot of 'ooohhh' & 'aaahh', slangs by randhir's cousins.

Randhir had finally paid off his sisters with ransom amount of money, to enter his own room. Yeah, how ratchet! Irony of the situation, isn't it? He gets to enter his own room, only after emptying his wallet!

He entered the room, saw sanyukta sitting on the bed, with a slight blush creeping on her cheeks, curious for the night to end.

Looking at her, he smiled. "Aaa... Sanyukta tum kapde change karlo, bathroom waha pe hai." said Randhir, pointing towards the opposite direction.

Sanyukta hesitantly took out her night clothes from her bag and went to change. While randhir slipped into his t-shirt and tracks.

He took his pillow and blanket, ready to sleep on the sofa. While sanyukta came out, changed in her night kurti and patiala.

She gave a small smile to him, and headed towards the dressing table to get rid of the heavy jewelry and make-up.

Randhir was busy stealing glances from her, under his eyelashes. Sanyukta made her way to the bed, but frowned seeing him settled on the sofa.

"Ji.. Aap yaha so jaaiye, main sofa pe so lungi." said Sanyukta, hesitatingly.

Randhir actioned her to sit beside him. She nervously made her way towards the sofa and sat on it, making the most distance.

"Sanyukta, dekho our family has destined us together, to hum dono koshish karenge ki yeh rishta kaamiyaab ho. And I don't want us to take hasty steps. I want to know you better and fall in love with you, and this requires time in any relationship. Lets be friends, what say?" said Randhir smiling, trying to ease out the space for Sanyukta to open up to him.

Sanyukta looked at him, teary eyed, thanking Almighty for blessing her for a new life with her husband, with a shy smile brightening her face. She felt overwhelmed at his words. She had never felt relieved and happy upto this extent, until today.

She finally said, "Thanks Randhir, for contemplating my unsaid words. I am very lucky to have an understanding husband like you." Smiled Sanyukta, succumbing her joy.

Hearing this Randhir smiled, and pointed at the moon outside. "The moon is the evidence of our union, first as friends, and I hope we both bond well, until this moon reaches its full phase." said Randhir, making Sanyukta look at the moon outside, through the open French window.

She hugged him, taking the first step to their friendship, smiling on his chest, welcoming the glow on her face. Randhir too embraced her and found happiness in her solace.

The moon shined brighter in the sky amongst the twinkling stars, flaunting about the union of two souls, destined by heavenly God.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, FEEDBACK AWAITED!

Much love,

Karishma. <3