Chapter 11 - The Party Bells And Reminscing Maternal Love

A/N - Not proofread. Ignore the grammatical mistakes, please.

Happy reading. :)

__________

Author's P.O.V.

A week later, on fine evening, the duo were getting ready for the wedding anniversary of Parth and Vidushi.

"Sanyu where are you? Aren't you ready yet? And where's my pair of brown socks? And.." He suddenly stopped, when he saw her clad in a beautiful Blue lehenga, embroidered with gold and silver zari. The dress hugged all her curves at perfect places, and she looked like some princess in a fairytale. He just couldn't stop but drool over her personality.

His trance was broken by Sanyukta, as she roared, "Randhir please help me, I can't tie this dori,"

Randhir walked towards her, wearing a devilish grin on his face. Sanyukta, unaware of his intentions, turned her back to him, so he could help out.

It was a backless dress, held by only a dori at the back. The dress highlighted her glowing and smooth skin, as he very delicately touched her back, starting from shoulders to her midriff.

His touch brought thrills down her spin, making the adrenaline rush in her veins speedily. She slowly guided his hands to her dori, as he did everything but help.

He tied her dori , slowly burning her back with the tinge of hot breathe on her back, making her bite her lips in an effort to suppress the moaning.

"R..ro.. Ron ab chalo na, I am ready," fumbled she, while turning around to stop furthering the history.

His eyes finally withdrew from her to his phone, as it vibrated in his pocket.

"What is it, Aditya?"

"Now? How can she do this?"

"No, I don't want any excuses. Hire another secretary, as soon as you can. How can Maya resign at such short notice?" Hanging up the call, he looked at Sanyukta, who stood bewildered at his ruthless behaviour. She was stunned. She had never seen him speak that way with anyone. She wondered if she knew this person, because her Randhir never shouted at her.

"Ummm.. Sanyukta, my secretary just resigned. I am really sorry, but that's how I behave in the corporate world. Employees never work accordingly, if the boss stays calm." stated Randhir as he cupped her face, after mumbling a 'sorry' softly.

He just couldn't see her like this. But maintaining a strong image in his workplace was very important for his and company's welfare. He just couldn't be unnecessarily soft to everyone. And here, his dedicated and hard working personal secretary, Maya resigned. She had been working with him, since 5 years, that's when he formed his company. And now that she left the job, it would definitely affect his business.

He was stressed and pained. He just couldn't imagine working without Maya's daily routine, she dictated his agenda of meetings lined up for the day, managed to get things done by the staff, getting his coffee at his work desk on the right side of his laptop, type correspondence for deals and other matters.

How could he work without a secretary now? The question echoed in his mind.

He fumbled with his phone, as he searched for Maya's contact.

He went out of the room, while the dial tone rung on the other side. After a few rings, the caller answered, "Yes Randhir, I just couldn't inform you after my resignation. I had to file for retirement, since it's getting harder for me to work at this age." Yes, Maya is a sixty year old woman, who was his secretary, but also a mother figure to him.

"Amma, you should have at least informed me a month prior to your decision? Now how will I find another secretary for me within a day?"

"Beta, my niece Kaustuki, is ready to work as your PS. And I am about to shift my residence to Panchgani with Vardhan, that's the second reason for my resignation. Son, I hope you understand,"

"Amma, no one can ever replace you. But I love you, keep aside all work issues. You take care with Vardhan sir, I hope to meet you, before you leave Mumbai, is that okay Amma?"

"Yeah, beta sure. I'll email my niece's bio data and résumé to Adi. Yes, how about lunch tomorrow at my place? It's Friday tomorrow, so vardhan will be home. And I also need to meet my lovely daughter-in-law, won't you introduce us?" laughed Maya, as she tried hard succumbing her tears. She never had her own baby, but Randhir was just an amazing son.

The blood didn't matter, but the soul did.

"Yes, Amma. Lets all meet tomorrow. Truffle would be missing me now. We'll meet tomorrow for lunch at your place then, bye amma. Take care, all the love."

"Sure, bye dear."

Randhir hung up, entering the room to see Sanyukta all dressed up, reclining on the porch, waiting for him.

As soon as she saw him, she stood up and came towards him, "Randhir don't stress yourself, we'll figure it out."

"Sanyukta, tomorrow we'll meet my Amma for lunch at her place. You'll love her." Whispered a teary eyed Randhir, while he was reminiscing his old days in office with his amma, who loved him like a mother loves her son, maybe a bit more than that.

Without further explanation, he took sanyukta's hand and walked towards the car.

______________

All the love,

Karishma. xx <3