Seven

~~~~~~~~

Camp Half-Blood, New York

~~~~~~~~

It was early the next morning when the group was ready to depart except for this one problem, there was no Percy insight. He did not arrive at the arranged meeting place and when checked, he was not in his cabin nor the big house.

This of course agitated Skye, still not sure why Zoe chose him to join the quest as she found him to be very arrogant. Unfortunately for them, Zoe had a feeling that he would be needed for the quest to succeed, do not get her wrong, but Zoe did inform her that she still believed that boys are very unreliable and deceitful creatures.

So, without any further delays, the group quickly departed with the van that Argus, the camp security chief, left them with. Zoe quickly decided to seat herself behind the steering wheel saying that she would do all the driving - leaving Percy to make his own way to them if he even bothers.

Skye had no problem with this, they could not and would not wait any longer to start this quest, they needed to get to Lady Artemis fast because for some reason she had this unbearable feeling of pain since last night. She knew without a doubt that she was feeling emotions from her Alpha – Lady Artemis – why she could feel Artemis' emotions was a mystery to Skye now, but also knew instinctively that she could share her emotions with Artemis, any positive emotions would help her lady at this moment.

~~~~~~~~

It was midday when the group made their first stop in Maryland. Taking a short break there, the group bought some snacks and drinks with the money they got for the quest.

Skye decided to cast a nature tracking spell that Pan taught her, hoping this will help show her the path Artemis took, she also hoped that the closer to her lady they get the less pain she would feel. The spell's result ended to point them to Washington D.C.

Climbing back into the van next to Zoe, Skye could not help but notice a strange smell, the smell of a horse. Expanding her senses Skye noticed that the smell was coming from the sky, making a mental note to mention this to Zoe, though Skye knew this could be Percy trying to follow them. Skye just wished that he stayed off the quest, she does not trust him, he will have a lot to prove before Skye would trust him.

~~~~~~~~

It was a while later when the group of five arrived in Washington D.C. Parking the van next to the National Air and Space Museum before they got out to look around.

"So, why did we stop here?" Annabeth asked before looking at Skye with distaste.

"The spell that Skye cast led us here, that is why we stopped," Zoe said glaring at Annabeth – she could hear the hurt of being judged shining in Skye's eyes.

"Zoe, I think we should split up and have a look around; maybe we find a lead that will direct us to our Lady," Skye said softly while ignoring the two campers.

"Okay Skye, just be careful, we will find you in 10 minutes okay," Zoe answered knowing that Skye needed a moment to herself otherwise she would not have suggested this.

Skye just nodded before walking off into the museum.

Turning back to the group, Zoe glared at Annabeth once again before speaking to Thalia. "Can you speak some sense into your friend, I do not want her upsetting Skye like she just did, that girl had been through enough already in her young life and I do not want her to experience anymore."

Thalia nodded as she also saw the hurt and pain in Skye's eyes before she walked off. She will speak to Annabeth and Percy both – they need to understand that Skye was extremely protective of those she sees as family, after all, she experienced it in the capture the flag game.