Four

Azkaban Prison, Unknown Location

~~~~~~~~

Few months before Skye joined the hunt.

~~~~~~~~

It has been 11 years since Lyra Sirius Black was falsely imprisoned in this hell of Azkaban. She was accused of the death and betrayal of the Potters – but this was about to change.

~~~~~~~~

Lyra Black was laying on her cot in her cell, thinking back to the last visit with the Minister of Magic. Lyra refuses to believe the news he brought her; Skye Potter is not dead, she did not feel the godparents bond break, Lyra knew that was proof that her goddaughter was still alive. The Wizarding world can think what they will, but Lyra will find her goddaughter and the truth.

This news was the final push Lyra needed to escape this hell, she needed to find Skye. Lyra has been planning her escape for a while now and tonight was the night to act.

Lyra quickly shifts into her Grim Animagus as she feels the dementors nearing – waiting patiently for the creatures to pass before she proceeds with her escape plan.

She slowly crawled out between her cell door bars, quickly moving into the shadows hiding from anything and anyone in sight. Lyra ran as fast as she could, once got outside- she ran into the icy waters of the seas, ignoring the cold, she started swimming to the mainland of London, wishing with all her might not to be caught.

It took Lyra a better of a day and a half to arrive in London. She needed to get to Gringotts and fast, running high on adrenaline hoping that she would make it without being captured.

Lyra soon arrived at Gringotts, she moved into the bank shifting back to her human form as she moved to the first teller. She needed to see the King; he was the only one who would be able to offer her asylum.

She was extremely lucky that it was the middle of the night and that the bank was empty from any other customers except for her.

"What do you want, witch?"

"I wish to speak to the representative of the People that manages the Black and Potter accounts. I have a lot of gold to spend, and all can be spent at Gringotts."

This caught the attention of many goblins within the lobby. A witch just addresses the nation correctly and had promised a profit to Gringotts.

"Very well Miss Black, I will inform the King you have requested to see him for your business."

"Thank you, Master Goblin."

It only took a few moments before Lyra was shown to the King's office. "Ah it is about time you were released from Azkaban; we were getting worried when you were exonerated of your crimes 5 years ago and you kept refusing to answer our summons."

"What – I could have been free all this time? I only escaped yesterday from Azkaban, and I have never received any letters." Lyra said shocked.

"If that is true, then we have much to discuss; but first we do need to confirm that you truly are Lyra Sirius Black." King Ragnarök said, giving her the needed parchment and dagger.

Grabbing the items, Lyra carefully cut her palm and let the blood drop freely onto the parchment. The blood took a few seconds to absorb before writing began to appear.

Lyra Sirius Black: Age 32 years

Heir: House of Black

Goddaughter: Skye Ariel Potter

"Well then Miss Black, let us begin."

~~~~~~~~

What soon followed shocked Lyra to the core, she could not believe how much the British wizarding government betrayed her.

According to Ragnarök – the wizarding world had her name clearer 5 years ago. They had found out that she could not betray the Potter being the oath sworn godmother of Skye, her magic would have killed her even if she tried to betray them.

Dumbledore has been trying everything in his power to get the minister to release her but as she could see, he failed.

Dumbledore did arrange with the ICW and the goblins that if the minister did not release Lyra Black, then a monthly stipend of 1 million should be paid into Lyra Black's vault for each month she was falsely imprisoned.

Second, Dumbledore arranged that Lyra should use the goblin time chamber for however long she needed it; he also arranged for the healers both physically and mentally. This will be paid by Dumbledore.

Lastly, Dumbledore requests that the goblins help Lyra find Skye. He wanted her to reunite with her goddaughter and have the life they should have together but only after her time in the chamber.

~~~~~~~~

Lyra soon found herself inside the time chamber with all the goblin healers as well as a few warrior goblins that will train her.

She was inside the chamber for 6 years- 6 months outside the chamber - within those six years she was able to work through all her emotions regarding her childhood, the betrayals of the wizarding world and the deaths of her brother and his wife, and the fact that she was not there for Skye.

The goblins healers helped her heal, she now looked like the time before she went to Azkaban. The goblin healers also gave her a de-ageing potion, this was a gift from the King.

She was now back to the age of 17.

The warriors finally stepped into training her, 3 full years of the six were spent on training her. She was trained in swordsmanship, archery, and battle magic. She was now considered a seasoned warrior.

She was finally ready to return to the real world and move on to her next adventure.

~~~~~~~~

The doors of the chamber soon opened, and Lyra was the first one out. Lyra had changed quite a bit thanks to the goblins. She went into the chamber looking like a mentally deranged woman but now she looks like a beautiful and powerful young woman. Her raven hair was tied back into a beautiful braid, she was wearing a comfortable pair of black jeans and a silver silk shirt. Lyra also had a pair of bracelets on that she later learns was one of her ancestors, one of the bracelets could turn into a beautiful bronze sword and the other turned into a beautiful silver longbow with quiver, both are charmed unbreakable and to return to her if she lost it in battle, she goes nowhere without it. Lyra also had a new wand made for her which was more in tune with her magic than the old wand.

Lyra made her way back to the King's office where she was met with Dumbledore. "Lyra, my dear it is so good to see you," Dumbledore said to her happily.

"Hello professor, it is nice to see you; I would like to thank you for arranging everything with the nation, what you and they to me will always be appreciated," Lyra said softly.

"You are welcome dear, but I believe it is time for you to go. The nation found the location of your goddaughter and will send you to her." Dumbledore said to Lyra.

"Ah, yes we did find her. She is in America; this portkey will take you to her current location. We would also like to give you this specially made dragonhide pouch, this pouch is linked to your vault. If you need money or books, you will just need to think about what you need, and it will appear." Ragnarök said to Lyra as he gave her the portkey and pouch.

"Thank you for everything, Professor, Lord Ragnarök. I will see you all again one day." Lyra said as she took the pouch and portkey.

The portkey activated as soon as Lyra touched it and she soon arrived in front of a junkyard in the middle of a desert. Lyra knew that she was one step closer to Skye and a new adventure was about to begin.