Chapter 15

(Just finished reading one of the saddest fanfic I've ever read so this chapter is going to be angsty as FUCK bc I'm still sad lol SUFFER)

TW- self harm (there will be another warning right before the self harm scene and the moment it ends)

Nightmares.

Izuku has nightmares most of the time.

Each one worst than the other.

At the start his nightmares were just sad. He would wake up with tears or maybe a bit scared in the middle of the night, but nothing much.

In the last few months they were terrifying.

He would wake up every two nights screaming, activating his quirk on accident, freaking out, crying.

He hated his nightmares.

Normal people would get nightmares about, maybe zombie apocalypse? And stuff like that, maybe.

Izuku's nightmares were made most from memories.

Which was the reason to why they were so scary.

Every time he would wake up from a nightmare, he would feel guilty. Because every bad memory he had, was caused by him. That was what he told himself, at least.

So, well, to release the stress and anxiety he got from those nightmares that were cause by him- he would, well, cut himself.

It was what he used to do all the time, it was a habit of his. A bad habit, probably, but still a habit.

After training ended, everyone came back to class.

He felt Bakugou staring at him.

He could FEEL bakugou's eyes on him, and he hated it.

Was he going to hit him? Yell at him? Maybe there were other bullies in this class, that would help him? He was, of course, scared of that.

But for the rest of the day he was exhausted as hell. His quirk just took all the energy for him, and thank god that today was a short day. Most of the day was training, and two math classes in the morning, which he skipped, and one English class, which was actually ok, and that was it. He also looked tired, which was probably why no one bothered him. Not even Bakugou.

When school ended, Izuku needed to wait for Aizawa and mic to finish. He needed to wait an extra hour for them, because, well, they had teacher stuff to do. And he was tired.

After a long waiting, they were finally done and they picked him up to go home. Well, not home. To their house.

Izuku barely ate lunch, and skipped dinner by saying that he was going to sleep early because he was tired, which was actually, not a lie.

He hated nightmares.

Each cone was scarier than the other.

Izuku woke up immediately.

He wasn't screaming, he was just really really sweating and crying. He thought he was about to die. And that thought - he didn't know if he hated it.