Chapter 51

Accalia

The world was black for a long time, but eventually, I came to, severely claustrophobic and I began kicking, wondering what kind of sick torture the Alpha had concocted now. Had he finally figured out where I was from? Was his plan to suffocate me to death? I felt a new fuel of fire lighting inside of me and I kicked and writhed harder, though I was quickly hit from the side with what felt like a palm before the zipper to the bag I was being held in opened. The first thing I noticed was the scent of the air - I wasn't in Salt Lake City anymore and feared where I was headed.

I opened my mouth to scream when a face appeared over the bag; Delta Kurt. He had a malicious grin and looked into the bag with pitiful eyes, so I screamed as hard as I could, feeling the vibrations of a vehicle underneath me. Kurt now rolled his eyes, fetching a needle from beside him and my eyes widened. If my suspicions were correct, he wouldn't kill me yet as Z'ev would want that job all to himself, this was just another sedative. I attempted to writhe in the confined space of the bag, the harsh material rubbing against my bare legs but Kurt is a lot stronger than I am and held my neck still before injecting me with the sedative. I wanted to scream, but my limbs felt heavy and I fought it for a minute

"Keep fighting it bitch, it only makes the sedative work faster." I began crafting a witty retort back but never got around to saying it, the zipper closing on the bag was the last thing I remember before blackness again.

The next thing I remembered when consciousness was blessed to me once more was that I was freezing cold. I imagine I was sitting on concrete of some sort, and as I opened my eyes, my suspicions were confirmed as I glanced around, noticing 4 walls with a floor and ceiling to match in the same dirty grey concrete colour. Around me were several revolting chains, all void of captors but when I tried to move, I noticed that I had a pair of those same chains around my wrists, secured to the wall. I sighed and looked back in front of me, noticing my 3 worst nightmares stood towering over me. Rafael on the left, Kurt on the right and Z'ev exactly where he wanted to be - in the middle of it all. I wanted to scream but I knew this room all too well; a soundproof basement where my father and Rafael would torture traitors of the New Orleans pack mercilessly for hours. you only stumbled upon this room once and would regret it for the rest of your life.

"Accalia. How nice of you to wake up and join the land of the living." Z'ev's voice still sent chills down my spine and prayed silently to the Moon Goddess that she would save me, though I figured I was all out of favours from the powers that be. "I don't think I need to explain why you're here, though I'll do so anyway because we all know how dense you women are." The vile comment from my ex-mate was met with crude laughter from the men beside him and I fought the urge to roll my eyes, I had become rebellious in my time away from a pack, and even Alpha Lupus hadn't taken that side away from me yet. The memory of the Alpha brought another painful pang of hurt to the surface and I remembered just how truly numb I'd felt. I knew that if I'd had the choice I would have killed myself by now, though I had no way of reaching the elves without alerting the members of the pack to my actions.

"She had such a strong set of lungs on her on the way here, I'm surprised she hasn't said anything yet considering how much of a fucking loudmouth she was in Salt Lake City." I knew I was tempting fate, but I'd be tortured and killed here within days, and I had nothing left to live for. I'd ruined any chance of Ethan coming to look for me, the other night proved that as much, so there was no one coming to save me.

"I'd speak I just don't feel the need to pander to assholes like yourselves." Rafael surprisingly was the first to land a blow, directly into my stomach and I imagine if I'd eaten within the last few hours I'd have thrown it up by now. The punch to my stomach was shortly followed by one to my cheek, snapping my head to the right fiercely and I struggled to recover from it before my older brother started talking.