Chapter 12

"Calem? What are you doing here?"

Calem crosses his arms, and completely ignores my question.

"Why didn't you come to school?" He asks.

"I have my reasons." I reply.

"What did you do today?" He asks.

"Err, nothing, really." I reply.

"Then why did you come from Serena's house?" He slighty raises his voice.

"Wait, why are you asking me all these questions?" I give him a weird look.

"Answer me!" He almost yells.

"Uh, I just took care of her, she was sick. Chill." I reply feeling a little shocked.

"Listen to me." He takes a step closer to me.

"U-umm..." I take a step back.

"You both did not come to school today. So that made me wonder if something happened." He starts.

"Well, nothing big happened." I say.

He looks down at the ground for a while, then looks back up at me.

"Tell me something, Ash. Is there anything going on between you and Serena?"

"Huh? N-no!" I stutter.

Calem is acting weird. Why is he asking all this?

"Tell the truth." He says.

"Calem, I am telling the truth. Serena and I are just close friends. And no offense, but you do realize that this is none of your business, right?" I say, feeling annoyed.

"I don't care! Ash, ever since you moved to our school, Serena hasn't been talking to me very often like she used to anymore! You stole her away from me!" Calem shouts.

"What? What are you talking about? I did not steal her!" I reply.

"Yes, you did! I was going to ask her out! B-but then..." Calem pauses. "Until I saw you. You had to be there at that moment!"

Let me get this straight. Calem likes Serena, and now he is assuming something is going on between us. I don't know how to feel about that. My annoyed expression on my face turns soft.

"Y-you like Serena?" I quietly say.

"What does it look like?! Of course!" He rolls his eyes.

I don't know why, but that made me feel upset. I mean, crushes are normal and there's nothing wrong with it. But Calem liking Serena...I just can't help but get a little jealous.

"To be honest, you guys won't work out. Serena wouldn't want a fool like you. Why don't you go back to that dirty little place you call home, Pallet Town." He smirks.

"Pika!!!" Pikachu sparks his cheeks, trying to defend me.

"Shut up you rat!" Calem shouts at Pikachu.

"You shut up!" I yell. He has gone too far.

"Please, be quiet. Did you really come all the way here, just to yell at me?"

"Pretty much." He answers.

"Are you serious? You just wasted your time. Do you realize that? What you are thinking right now between Serena and I is wrong. Like I said before, this isn't any of your business anyways, so there was no point in coming here." I say, trying to stay calm.

Calem doesn't respond, he just looks away amd grits his teeth.

"Now, if you excuse me. I need to go home." I say and walk past him towards my door.