Chapter 27

Serena's P.O.V.

"Thank arceus you all are safe." Sycamore sighs of relief. "We'll talk later, we need to head back to camp." He looks at his watch, which reads 9:01pm.

Sycamore turns around and begins walking back.

I place my hand on a nearby tree and try to stand up. Surprisingly, it worked. I couldn't stand earlier, but looks like it has gotten better since then.

"Serena? Don't get up, your knee isn't properly healed yet." Ash walks over to me.

"N-no, I'm fine. See, look! I'm standing up straight!" I put my hands together and give him a smile.

"Can you walk?"

"Uh...well, I haven't tried yet." I sweat drop.

I take a step with my injured knee. As I put my weight on that leg, I squint my eye as I feel some pain shoot through me. I am literally limping right now.

"Yeah, you can totally walk." He playfully rolls his eyes.

"Shut up." I stick my tongue at him, causing him to smirk. "At least I can stand." I put my hands on my hips.

"Cham cham!" Pancham puts his hands on his waist as well, imitating me.

Ash takes a look at Sycamore, who is already almost gone from his sight.

"Okay, let's go. We wouldn't want to be left behind." He takes my arm and puts it around him, helping me walk.

"Hey, girly." Drew smirks. "What happened to you?" He catches up from behind.

"Team Rocket happened." I reply.

"Ashy-boy. You need help assisting Serena outta here?" Gary walks up beside him. "I can take the other side of her."

"No, I'm fine. I don't want a weirdo like you touching my girlfriend."

Upon hearing this, I don't know why, but I can't help but blush.

"Weirdo? That's the best you can think of?"

"Gary, not now please." Ash sighs.

"I can always do it if you don't want him to, you know." Calem puts his hand up.

"No, definitely not you." Ash shakes his head. "Thanks for all the offers, but I can do it." Ash walks away from them and tries to keep up with Sycamore.

"We are only trying to help..." Gary mumbles.

"Yeah, what's so bad about that..." Calem mutters.

We get to back to camp in approximately 30 minutes. It took us longer than I expexted, meaning we fell very deep into the forest.

Thank arceus we back, because I swear I caught a glimpse of some dangerous wild pokemon lurking the forests just then.

Dawn, Iris, Misty and May, along with Max, Barry and Kenny await for our return in front of the main building.

Once Dawn sees me, she immidietly takes off and tackes me into a hug, pushing me down to the ground. During this, because I was using Ash's body for support, he got knocked over as well.

"Serena! You are alright! I was so worried!" She wails.

"H-hey...don't cry." I sweat drop.

"Ow..." Ash groans from beside me. "That hurt..."

"Pika..." Pikachu scratches its head.

"You got knocked down hard by a girl like Dawn?" Gary laughs.