Chapter 20

Ash's P.O.V.

It is the next morning. Yesterday went by quickly. Well, right now, I am waiting by my locker for a friend. He is taking forever, the bell for first period is going to ring soon. If he doesn't get here in time, I have no choice but to leave for class.

Finally, after like, 15 minutes of waiting, I see him making his way towards me. It's about time.

"There you are. What took you so long?"

"Sorry, I missed the bus so I ended up having to walk to school." Calem wipes his sweat.

"Really? That sucks." I chuckle. "Anyways, come on."

"Wait, where are we going?"

"To go see a few of my friends. Now that you are one of mines, I think you should try to get along them too." I reply.

"O-oh...okay then." He nods and follows me as I make my way outside.

Once I get outside, I find Drew taking out his pokeball and returning his fainted pokemon. To the other side of the battlefield is Gary, standing with a grin on his face. To the left of the battlefield is the rest of the group watching the battle. As I approach them, I get trampeled on by a large group of girls in cheerleading outfits.

"Ow..." I grunt as I lie on the ground.

I slowly lift my head up to see the girls crowding around Gary, congratulating him on his win. Gary's cheerleaders, oh great. I turn my head back to see if Calem is still there, and thankfully he is. He has his head slightly tilted down, trying to stop himself from laughing.

"Laugh all you want, Calem. I don't care." I roll my eyes as I get up.

"Sorry, you just got knocked down by a bunch of cheerleaders, I couldn't help myself." He chuckles.

"Ehehe..." I nervously scratch my head from embarassment.

"Gary, Gary he's our man! If he can't do it, no one can!" The cheerleaders jump.

That reminds me. I haven't gotten the chance to throw a bus at them yet, like I was planning to a little while back. I look around me for any nearby buses, but unforunatley, there are only cars. Even worse, they belong to the teachers in this school, so I'd get into big trouble if did I end up throwing one of their cars. But now that I think of it, throwing a bus would get me into serious trouble as well...but whatever.

I shake my head away from my thoughts. Sometimes my mind does some crazy things. I should know it's impossible to lift a bus with my own bare hands.

I see that Gary and Drew have now regrouped with everyone else. I make my way towards them, followed by Calem. Serena is the first one to see me.

"There you are!" She runs up to me and plants a short kiss on my cheek.

"Hey." I smile at her.

"Ashy-boy! You just missed my batte! I was hoping that you'd watch to learn some of my skills, but I guess not." Gary says.

"Umm, I don't want to learn any of your skills, I already have my own battle style. But thanks anyways." I reply.

"Whatever you say." He shrugs.

Calem moves to the right, revealing himself from behind me. Serena notices him, and takes my arm to get my attention.

"Why is he here?"

"Long story." I reply.

She stares at Calem, not knowing what to do. Calem stares back for awhile, but eventually brings his head down and looks at the ground, having enough with the eye contact. There is only one word to describe what's happening right now. Awkward...