Chapter 28

Serena's P.O.V.

The bus driver suddenly slams on the breaks, causing me to drop my phone onto my lap.

Gary gets up and begins yelling. "Hey! Are you trying to kill us?!"

"Gary, calm down." Dawn sweat drops.

"How can I not? This driver can't drive!"

"Just leave the man be..." Iris sighs.

I try to ignore Gary's unnecessary bickering and look out the window. The bus has stopped at the entrance to Vaniville Town.

I am home.

The reason why all of my friends are here at Vaniville and not at their hometowns is because I decided to invite everybody over. Even Bonnie and Max. There's no special occasion or anything, we just want to hang.

I hop off the bus and take my pink duffel bag out of the back.

"Here, I got it." Ash takes it from me and swings it onto his shoulder.

"Thanks." I give him a smile.

I enter the gates of my house and knock on the door.

No answer.

I knock again. "Mom?"

"Is she home?" Kenny asks.

"I don't know..."

I swear to arceus if she isn't home, I will sh*t bricks. I don't have my keys with me, so we would be stuck out here.

"Oooh! Is that your mom's Rhyhorn?" Bonnie crouches down to pet it.

"Bonnie be careful." Clemont follows her.

Bonnie rubs her cheek against Rhyhorn. "It's so cute!"

Ash steps in front of the door. "Hey, mother in law! Are you home???" He shouts.

"A-ash! Don't call her that!" My cheeks turn a a light shade of red. "It's embarrasing..."

Ash gives me a smirk. "It's going to happen eventually."

I look down to my feet as I start to blush even harder than before.

"So what are we going to do know?" Misty asks.

Barry slumps his shoulders. "Did we come here for nothing?"

"Can we just break a window or something?" Gary suggests, thinking it was a good idea.

"Heck no!" I shout at him.

"O-okay!" He waves his hands in front of himself. "Calm down..."

The door to my place suddenly opens. Standing there is my mom, with a watering can in hand.

"Serena! Welcome home!" She pulls me into a hug. "Ohh...I missed you. It was so quiet around the house without your constant yelling and singing."

My cheeks shoot red from embarrasment. It's true, I yell at my mom's Fletchling every morning, and I do tend to sing to myself around the house.

"M-mom!" I bawl.

"Alright, sorry sweetie." She giggles.

She notices my group of friends, awkwardly watching the scene going on in front of them. "I see you brought friends?"

"Y-yeah. Can they stay over?"

"Of course. Come in!" She moves to the side.

I enter my house, followed by everyone else. She greets each one of my friends as they walk in.