Chapter 3

"I just transfered here, and I was wondering if one of you guys could show me to the main office? I'm kinda lost here." He continues.

I feel like I have just been hit by a bus. This boy is so cute. I look at his face, and into his deep brown eyes. We make eye contact for 2 seconds, and I quickly look away.

"Pika." His pokemon says.

"New kid, huh." Gary looks at him.

"What grade are you in?" Dawn asks.

"Tenth." Ash answers.

"Oh, so you are in our grade." Clemont says.

"I could take you to the main office. I need to go to my locker anyways." I say.

"Alright, thanks." He says and smiles.

"See you guys later." I turn to my friends.

"Bye Serena!" Iris waves.

I enter the school with the boy, and start leading him down the hallway.

"This school is so big. My old school is nothing compared to this place. How do you manage to make your way around here?" Ash says as he looks around.

"Well, you just kind of get used to it, I guess." I reply as I put my hands behind my back.

"What's your name?" He looks at me.

"Serena." I smile.

"So, where did you come from?" I ask.

"I came from Sunnyside High School." He replies.

"Wait, isn't that in Kanto?" I look at him.

"Yes. I moved to Kalos because my mom found a job here."

"I see."

I look at Ash. There has been something about him that I seem to recognize. His brown eyes, his slighty muscular body shape, the markings on his cheeks. They all seem so familiar. I wonder if we met before.

We reach the end of the hall and take a short turn.

"Here's the office." I say.

"Great." He says.

He quickly goes in and comes back out with his class schedule in hand.

"Okay, you don't need to help me look for my classes. I think I can manage it." He says as he looks at his schedule.

I move closer to him and look at his schedule.

"Oh look, I have first, second, fourth, and eighth with you." I smile.

Seeing we had a lot of classes together just made me really happy.

"Really? Nice. Then I can just follow you to first." He says.

"Mhm."

I quickly go to my locker and grab my stuff. This time, I won't forget my textbook. The bell rings, and we make our way to class.

We get to class just in time before class starts. I see the teacher motion towords Ash telling him to go to her. I look around and see that Misty, Clemont and Drew were already here. I make my way towards my seat and sit down.

"Guys, meet Ash Ketchum. He just transfered from Kanto, and today is his first day here." The teacher introduces him.

"Uh, hello." Ash gives a small smile.

"Please go sit down right there." The teacher points to the seat beside none other than Calem.

The teacher starts talking about living organisms and their ecosystems.You know, just basic biology. A full hour later, the bell finally rings.