Chapter 33

Serena's P.O.V.

Am I imagining things? Was she really the one behind all this? I can't believe it. She was the one who broke up Ash and I...no...this can't be...

Calem grabs my wrist and stomps over to her.

"C-calem!" I call. He ignores me, and continues his way to her.

I could hear Miette and her friends laughing, most likely at something about me.

Calem cuts in front of Lisa and Mary to get in front of Miette.

Miette stops laughing and looks at him in confusion. "Um, may I help you?"

"Was what you were saying just now the truth?!"

"Huh?" She scrunches her eyebrows. "What are you talking about? And move back, you are in my face."

Calem does the opposite and steps closer to her, dragging me along with him.

"I said, was what you were saying the truth?! Stop acting like you don't know what I'm talking about, dammit!"

She notices me behind Calem, standing there completely speechless. She then realizes why Calem and I are here.

"Miette! What's going on?" Lisa and Mary walk up beside her.

"It seems we have a few eavesdroppers who have heard our conversation earlier." Miette places her hands on her hips as she speaks.

"It was you...you did everything..." I finally pick up the courage to speak.

"Hmp." Miette smirks and turns away.

"...Why did you do it?" I say as I roughly let go of Calem's hand.

Miette looks at her phone. "Oh! It's getting late, I better get going." Miette attempts to change the topic of the conversation. She turns around and walks away.

"Hey, I'm talking to you, you know!" I take her arm to stop her.

"Get your filthy hands off me!" Miette swats my hand away.

Tears begin to build up in my eyes. "I can't believe it. Tell me! What did I do for you to do this to me?!"

"I have my reasons."

"Do you know how much it hurt when Ash dumped me!?" I feel a tear drip down my cheek. "Do you know the struggle I had to go through? Ash ignored me, he never listened, he kicked me out of his life! It was so hard for me!" I wipe my cheek. "When I found out you were dating him...I couldn't handle it...especially since I knew I still loved him!"

"Serena..." Calem says to himself.

"Now to find out that you were the one who did everything...it only hurts me even more! And even worse, Ash has no idea he's dating the girl that broke us up!" I cry. "I hate you! I hate you! You ruined everything!"

I could see my vision get blurry, due to the amount of tears falling from my eyes.

I could feel Calem wrap his arms around my back. He rubs my back with the palm of his hand. "Calm down...everything is fine. You will be alright, okay?"

I bawl into his shoulder. His softening voice helps me a little, and I soon find myself calming down.

"That was my goal all along, to destroy your relationship with Ash." Miette says. "By the way you are acting, looks like I did very well!" She laughs.

"Can you just lay down? Serena is not going through the best situation right now, so please stop." Calem says.

"Oh, look who's talking! The one who kissed Serena, the one who was the cause of their break up!" Miette smirks.