Chapter 68

Y/N's POV:
This is it. Finally. The day that I've been waiting for all my life. Today I'm going to marry the woman I love, the woman who saved me, who brought me happiness and hope. I spent the whole morning smiling my cheeks started to hurt.
"I don't think anyone has ever been this calm or smiley on their wedding day," Tom observes as we finish our breakfast.
"I'm marrying the woman I love with every ounce of my being. I know in no uncertain terms I will spend the rest of my life loving her and making her happy. That's all today is about just making a commitment to that end," I explain.
"Alright Shakespeare save it for the vows," he laughs.
"I actually haven't written my vows. I want to just speak from the heart I don't want them to sound forced or unnatural I want it to be authentic and what I'm feeling in the moment," I inform him. He looks shocked.
"But you're a planner," he says in disbelief.
"My plan was to fall in love with a beautiful woman who made me a better me. I've done that what am I planning for. I don't need to plan to tell her how much I love her because not only does she already know but if it's rehearsed it loses authenticity," I reply.
"She really has made you better. I'm so proud of you mate. And I can't wait to be an uncle to your kids and to find someone who makes me as happy as Lizzie makes you," he declares hugging me tightly.
"You're going to be a wonderful Uncle Tom and you'll find someone. I'm so sure of it. If I was to be straight for any man it would be you," I joke making him laugh.
"Right enough of the sappy shit let's get you ready."

Lizzie's POV:
I've been walking around all morning with a huge grin on my face. I couldn't wait to marry Y/N. All I wanted was to start our married life together. To go on our honeymoon and then come home to start the future.
"Ok I'm ready," I inform my family. Pulling back the curtain I watch as my mom and sisters start to cry.
"Lizzie you look beautiful. Y/N is going to be a mess," Mom states making me laugh.
"That's the plan," I add.
"I'm so glad you found someone that made you this happy Lizzie," she says wiping her tears.
"So am I. You know I can't remember the last time I had a panic attack since being with her. I've never doubted her love for me. I've never felt so secure in anything. She spent her last night of freedom with me talking through all her lyrics she'd written about me since we've been together. I really have found the perfect love," I explain.
"You really have. Are you ready to go?" She checks.
"I've been waiting all my life. I'm ready," I assure her. She takes me out of the room to see my dad. I haven't seen him in forever. I didn't even think he would come.
"You're here?" I say in disbelief.
"Y/N called me and said it would mean a lot for you to have me here so I came. Why didn't you tell me about her?" He asks disappointed.
"I know how you were raised dad I didn't think you'd approve," I sigh.
"That woman came and picked me up from the airport bringing me to the hotel yesterday afternoon. She told me all about how she fell in love with you and her plans for your future. I don't care who you love I just care that you're loved. And my God does she love you. So I would really like it if I could give you away," he requests. I look at my mom for reassurance and she nods. It's what I always wanted and she knew it.
"I'd really like that."

Y/N's POV:
I walk with Tom towards the ceremony where my mum and sister are waiting at the doors for me. My mum bites her lip trying not to cry.
"Say something funny to make me laugh please," she requests.
"Tom's mum is trying to set him up with Lauren she doesn't realise she's dating Florence," I inform her making her smile and laugh.
"Your mum always had an awful gaydar. You look beautiful Y/N. I'm so excited for you. And I am so proud of you. I never thought we'd get here to a point where you're truly happy but I am so glad you are. You deserve this so much," My mum says holding my hand.
"Thanks Mum. I love you all so much."

The music starts and everyone takes their seats. Tom and my sister were my best men/women. Walking down I see Scarlett and Colin. They smile brightly. There were so many people we loved here. I just felt so lucky. The music starts again and I hear everyone turn around to look. Oh. My. God. I'm speechless. She is ethereal. The tears filled my eyes and I tried to hold them back not wanting to soak my face with tears. Lizzie just keeps eye contact with me smiling with that adorable scrunched nose. My heart felt so full of joy. I didn't want to blink or miss any second of this moment. Her Dad gives me Lizzie's hand.
"Look after her," he pleads.
"Always." I take her hand kissing it and she blushes.
"There are no words to describe just how beautiful you look Olsen. I'm the luckiest woman alive," I whisper kissing her cheek gently as she takes my arm.
"I love you Y/L/N. You look stunning," she replies winking.

When it gets to the vows Lizzie could sense my nerves so decided to go first.
"I'm really glad I'm starting because we all know anyone who has to talk after Y/N may as well not bother," Lizzie starts making us all laugh. 'I love you' I mouth as she gathers her thoughts.
"Y/N when I met you I was not the person I stand before you as today. I was scared of loving, scared of losing and scared of honesty. But there was something about you that was infectious I had to know you and I just wanted to spend all my time with you. And I'm so glad I did because slowly but surely with your kindness and affection you fought your way into my heart. You have taught me so much in this past year but most importantly you taught me to be brave. Brave in my decisions, brave in my openness and brave in my love. You make me the best possible version of myself. You're such an inspiration yet you have no idea. I'm going to spend the rest of our lives trying to make you see how the world sees you because you deserve to know how phenomenal you are my love. You've given me more happiness, laughter and love than I've ever known. I'm so grateful for you Y/N and I can't wait to make you my wife beginning our future together. I just know that it's going to be wonderful because I'll have you by my side making me feel loved and appreciated everyday. I promise to make you laugh and smile everyday doing that goofy grin that I adore. I promise that I will support you in your work and your life the way you have for me. And most importantly I promise to always make you feel love and appreciated the way you make me feel. I love you so much Y/N Y/L/N. And I can't wait to spend an eternity with you," Lizzie speaks beautifully sliding the ring onto my finger making me tear up. I wipe my tears trying to compose myself.
"Lizzie my love before I met you I always had this darkness inside of me that I never really shook. I was convinced that happiness and love just weren't for me. Then I met you and it was the first time I felt truly seen by someone other than my family. The last year slowly but surely you've removed that darkness filling my life with love, laughter, happiness and safety. You saved me in every way a person can be saved. For that Lizzie I will be eternally grateful. But the greatest honour of the past year has been getting to know the woman I love. The way when you're really happy you scrunch your nose when you smile. The way you're so empathetic you can tell when I'm panicking before even I realise. The way you never stop yourself from laughing around me because you know it's my favourite thing about you. All I want for the rest of our lives is to make you as happy as you make me. I promise to keep you laughing for the rest of our lives because that is the closest that anything or anyone can ever get to heaven on earth. I promise to support you in every decision you make. I promise to make you feel appreciated and loved even when you're away with work. I promise to teach our kids to be more like you with your patience, empathy and generosity. Most of all I promise to love you unconditionally for eternity because Lizzie loving you is the single greatest honour of my life. I cannot wait to be your wife and start our lives together. I love you Lizzie Olsen. Forever and Always," I make the most important declaration of love in my life as I slide the ring onto her finger. Lizzie was tearing up and look around to see all our family crying even Tom. I wipe Lizzie's tears kissing her gently.

"By the power invested in me I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may now kiss again," the officiate states making us both laugh. I pull Lizzie in for a kiss full of all the emotions I felt in this moment. We pull away and I just smile.
"How does it feel to be my wife Mrs Y/L/N?" I smirk offering her my arm.
"Incredible Mrs Olsen," she says kissing my cheek.
"Do you reckon we can sneak off somewhere so I can kiss you properly? Cause you look stunning. And I want to kiss my wife," I ask making her laugh.
"We should have some time before the reception," she informs me biting her lip smiling.
"I can't wait."