Chapter 17

Author's note: The story is only just beginning the choice y/n makes now is not necessarily endgame

Y/N's POV:
Part of me was hoping there wouldn't be a connection with Scarlett to make my decision easier but there was. It was different to with Lizzie but still there. I had never felt that safe before in myself let alone with anyone else. It's like every touch and kiss heals me a little. She doesn't want me to be anyone I'm not and I really appreciated that.
"I'm exhausted but in the best way," she mumbles sleepily giggling.
"You're welcome," I smirk kissing her gently.
"How long before you have to go?" She inquires cupping my face.
"I need to get ready in an hour or so. They'll do my makeup and hair once I get there. I'll drop you home on my way," I explain.
"So we have some time then?" Scarlett smiles.
"What do you want to do?" I ask biting my lip. She doesn't answer just kisses me pinning my arms above my head.

A few days later
Lizzie's POV:
Y/N has been busy working on her music video, doing photo shoots and interviews for the last few days so she was extremely stressed out. She'd never let on but I could tell by the way she texted. I decided to make a care package for her to use while she was busy with work. I put her favourite snacks and drinks in it as well as bath bombs and nice candles.
Pulling up at her house I notice Scarlett already outside the door. Well this is awkward.
"Hi I just came to drop this off. I didn't mean to intrude," I explain as I see Scarlett.
"Me too. I was worried so I came over to check on her," she explains.
"Have her texts been different?" I ask nervously.
"Yes. I think Tom's worried too but I won't ask him because it's not my place to," Scarlett explains. She knocks on the door and Y/N opens up. She sees us and just starts crying. I take the bag from Scarlett's hand so that she can hold her. This isn't about one upping her. It's about Y/N.

We head inside Scarlett still holding her I put the gifts on the table and grab some tissue to dry her eyes.
"What is it? What's wrong?" I ask Y/N who has her head in her hands.
"It just seems like everything is going wrong the music video was meant to take a day it took two because of the weather. And then I didn't like any of the album or single covers that they had come up with so they've had to rethink. Then I had a photo shoot today where I hated how I looked. They had me in all these different dresses with make up that made me look older and I just felt over sexualised. And then I've got interviews tomorrow where I'm not very good at talking to strangers. I haven't got an infectious personality like other artists. I'm looking forward to seeing my fans outside but the interview itself is just stressing me out. I am so grateful for the position I'm in because I can support my mom and support my sister through university but some days it's hard," she explains tearfully.
"Hey we get it ok. We've both been there not in terms of literally but the acting industry is the exact same. But listen to me. Your personality is perfect that's why so many people love your music. Just don't worry about being someone you're not. It's just a few hard weeks until you release the single then it's heavily about your fans. Your music and you help people feel comfortable with who they are. Remember that," I reassure her and she hugs me tightly.
"Thank you," she whispers as she pulls away.
"What do you want to do? We'll stay here as long as you like or if that'll cause you more stress I'll leave and Lizzie can stay. Whatever you want. I bought you dinner because I doubt you've eaten so please at least eat something," Scarlett inquires.
"Will you both stay? I know it's probably awkward and uncomfortable," she mumbles.
"Of course we will," I assure her.

We throw on a comedy to make her feel better while we make sure she eats and relaxes. Half way through the movie she even starts laughing both Scarlett and I smile in relief. Both of us watching her worried about her reclining into herself and hiding how she really feels.
"Can you two please stop staring? I mean I'd usually love when beautiful women look at me but I know you're worried about me breaking down again. I won't because you're both here so can you two please relax and stop worrying," she requests. Scarlett and I both kiss her on the cheek in apology making her blush. By the time the movie ended she had fallen asleep on Scarlett's shoulder and had her legs on my lap.
"Should we wake her and get her to sleep in her bed?" I whisper to Scarlett. She nods.
"Hey. Y/N let's get you to bed ok?" Scarlett whispers attentively stroking the hair out of her face. Y/N slowly opens her eyes staring to wake up.
"I'm sorry for falling asleep," she mumbles tiredly.
"It's ok. I'll clear up in here and leave while Scarlett stays with you," I assure her.
"Are you sure?" Y/N asks confused.
"Yeah I'm sure. You need comfort and safety she gives that to you. I've got an early call time anyway," I explain my reasoning. She sits up hugging me tightly and kisses me on the cheek before heading to her room. Scarlett helps me clean up.
"I was wrong before. You're not doing this just for you. I'm sorry," Scarlett apologises.
"You were right at the time but I'm trying everyday to be better," I reply.
"You know she's ultimately going to pick you right? I'm just savouring every second I can because I know what's coming. She doesn't want to hurt me and she's slowly running out of reasons not to trust you," she sighs.
"I don't think that's true Scarlett. You give her something I just can't. That she's craved since she was young. Safety and comfort. Have you noticed she doesn't really stress out around you anymore? You're really helping her. You've never hurt her. Part of me would love if she didn't have to choose because I honestly think it'll end up being you. She wants the great love story not whatever I've created with her. You shouldn't sell yourself short," I assure her.
"Thank you Lizzie," she says hugging me. I clean up then head home knowing I may just have sent Y/N closer to Scarlett but it was the right thing to do.

Y/N's POV:
I could hear every word of their conversation. I've got to stop this. I need to decide. Scarlett comes in and smiles at me. I hand her my favourite clothes that she likes to sleep in. She gets ready in the bathroom then lies down opening her arms for me to cuddle into.
"I know you're going to pick her but just be with me one more night please," she requests tearily.
"If we were together would you trust me around Lizzie?" I inquire.
"Yes I'd trust you but I don't know if I'd trust her. She doesn't just like you Y/N her feelings are so much more than that," she explains.
"As long as you trust me then that's all that matters," I assure her.
"What are you saying?" She asks confused.
"I'm saying I choose you Scarlett. Lizzie was right about everything she said. What was holding me back was this idea I had of being with her. I know the reality would just break my heart. Whereas what we have is pure and beautiful. And I really really like you Scarlett," I explain.
"Are you sure?" She asks excitedly.
"I'm sure. I wanted Lizzie but I didn't need her whereas with you I want and need you. You're making me better," I assure her kissing her gently.
She hugs me tightly.
"I need you too," she whispers. I stroke the hair out of her face kissing her gently at first then more intensely as she held me against her. She deepened the kiss running her hands up and down my sides under my shirt. I sit back for a second and just admire the beautiful woman in front of me.
"Are you sure?" I ask before taking it any further. She nods smiling before she takes off her shirt. I let my hands trace a pattern on her stomach.
"You're so beautiful. I'm so lucky," I say before reattaching our lips.

Author's note: It's not necessarily Scarlett endgame but it's who y/n decided on for now at least. There'll be more twists and turns along the way, don't worry. Oh and Aubrey will be more involved coming up.