8.

"your ring size is (#)!"

wh-

"you liked this one right?"

wHAT-?

",,i'll get it for you. i heard you did well on that exam."

you can't breathe what the fuck-

"rIDDLE. PLEASE I LITERALLY NEVER WEAR JEWELRY. i said it was a cool design not that i would like you to spend a shit ton of money on me just in jewelry. i could buy so many fucking pizza rolls with that."

you don't even like jewelry what the actual hell are you doing here??

",,oh."

oh my god. yoU JUST KICKED THE PUPPY. it feels like your heart just shattered into a million fucking pieces what the actual fuck did you just do.

",,i just normally yell at you so i thought i could maybe reward you for doing good in school,,ah- are you crying?!"

"no i'm just sweating what the fuck stop being so sweet i'm so used to not getting verbal affection from people that isn't diasomnia (the exception being sebek who now cannonically sends you death threats bc i said so) and floyd and you're adorable never change you shit head i hate you."

",,you..hate me?"

FUCK ABORT ABORT NOO NOW YOU'RE BOTH CRYING IN A FUCKING JEWELRY STORE.

the poor lady sitting there awkwardly listening after measuring your ring size now watching two college students crying in the club.

slamming a surprisingly authentic $1 (you say that because it's russian roulette with half your wallet stuffed with monopoly money) on the counter, you lead riddle out by his shoulders.

god you want to be eaten by the floor.

purely because this is the local mall and you caught vil mean mugging you from one of the underwear stores, and you can't find the fUCKING CINNABON.

unsure what to do with riddle balling his fucking eyes out because you said you hate him in a sad affectionate way and he's immune to social tones, you end up in the deserted bookstore. the only place private enough for a sob fest.

"please stop crying and look at me before i burst into tears too."

half your energy is going to not crying with riddle but nothing would get solved if you both just fucking cried so here we are.

riddle takes hands away from his face, pouting at you. which would be really cute with his eyes puffy like that but there's snot on his nose and that's fucking disgusting. his eyebrows are furrowed though, so he's probably a bit mad.

"i didn't mean it that way. you just said something really sweet and it punched me in the heart which psychologically speaking made my defense mechanism activate and say i hate you but i obviously don't hate you. you just can't spend an insane amount of money on me buying a ring that isn't a wedding ring."

"so..i need to propose,,?"

your heart just got hit in the face what the aofjsbdsdnsnnfnd.

"hELLO PLEASE STOP MAKING ME CRY I DON'T DRINK ENOUGH WATER FOR THIS."

"oh..i offend you that often?"

he's making you realize how shitty you are at speaking and expressing feelings and oh god of fuck please just shut up and kiss or cuddle you're so much better as a clingy piece of shit.

"nonono you're just really sweet and it makes me emotional."

he nods, rubbing away the tears in his eyes.