Chapter 17 - Its All Over

You ran to where Medusa and V were fighting. You tried to find a way to get up there.

You looked around and found some vines reaching all the way to the roof. You immediately took a hold of them and started climbing.

You were almost at the top, but then you felt yourself slipping. It started to rain so it was harder for you to climb.

But you struggled to make your way to the roof. When you did, it was slippery. You got your balance first before heading in the direction of Medusa and V.

You managed to reach them. "Medusa!" You shouted. Medusa heard you and looked in shock. "(YN), what the heck are you doing here?" She said.

V saw you and growled. Then, some Cycloids and Air Elementals appeared. "Get her!" V commanded them.

You backed away as they started attacking you. You evaded all the lightning attacks but the Cycloids kept charging at you.

You felt yourself slip and you tripped. You tried to stand up but you slipped again and almost fell off the ledge.

You looked down and saw how far a fall would be. But you looked back at the Cycloids. "Toxica amasacus!" You shouted.

It hit them directly. The Air Elementals just watched in fear as the Cycloids lost their strength and fell down to the ground.

You look at the Air Elementals. You jumped at one of them. He tried to shake you off but you poisoned him instead.

The other remaining Air Elemental trembled as he flew away in fright. You panted as you ran back to Medusa and V.

This time, Medusa was cornered. V didn't need to walk on the slippery floor since he could float. But Medusa was prone to slipping.

"Any last words?" V said as Medusa was too close to the edge. "NO!" You yelled as you ran to V and caught him by surprise.

But he reacted quickly and grabbed you by the neck. You struggled to get out of his grip but V only moved his hand above the ground that was hundreds of feet away.

"You know, Im just going to kill you first." He told you as you felt his grip loosen. You looked down and got scared.

You didn't even try to hurt V. If you did, he would drop you. You closed your eyes and waited for death.

But you heard a scream. You saw that V was half petrified. Medusa glared at him. V glared back.

He let go of you. But Medusa pushed V aside and grabbed your hand. She helped you get back up.

You both panted as you looked at V. His legs were turned into stone, along with half of his head and body.

You look at Medusa and smiled. You hugged her. She hugged you back. "I really miss you." You said.

"I missed you to, (YN)." She replied. You both stopped as you felt the rain stop. "Time to end this." Medusa said as she walked towards V.

She pushed V to the edge of the roof. He fell down while cursing Medusa. You looked down and saw him crash. The stone managed to break away from him but he was still severely injured.

"Lets get out of here." Medusa told you as you both made your way down the roof.

When you got down, Chariot was pacing back and forth anxiously. But when he saw you, he smiled.

He ran towards you and hugged you. Medusa rolled her eyes. Chariot stopped hugging you as you heard the voices of your friends.

"(YN)!" Lila cried as she hugged you. "You're ok!" Alchemy said as he hugged you too. Marrowkai just smiled. "Great to have you back." He told you.

"Alright. Stop with the hugging. Its getting weird." Medusa said. Everyone stopped but they smiled.

You looked at Chariot who had a shy look on his face. "Is anything wrong, Chariot?" You asked.

He immediately looked at you. "Oh, nothing." He replied. "Its just that I wanted to tell you this for so long..."

He walked towards you. You were confused. He grabbed your hands and pulled you close. Then he did something unexpected.

He kissed you. You were still really confused. When Chariot pulled away, he smiled. But you saw him get shoved to the ground.

"IM NOT LETTING MY CHILD GET A BOYFRIEND AT THIS AGE!" Medusa shouted at Chariot. Everyone laughed, except you and Lila because you didn't understand what was going on.

"Lets just go home." You said. Everyone nodded. "Yeah, the Elementals might call in reinforcements." Lila added as she helped Chariot get up.

Medusa led you all back to the Chaos Empire. You smiled as you held her hand. She smiled back at you but glared as Chariot went beside you.

But you all walked together, under the orange sky of the sunset.