Chapter 6 - Statues of Fear

You follow Medusa. You were trembling because you thought that you might see another scary thing.

Medusa led you to a cold and dark room. You shivered from both the cold and fear. You looked around. It was really hard to see anything.

When your eyes adjusted, you could make out... stone statues? You look at Medusa. She nodded. "Go on. Im not stopping you from looking at them." She said.

You smiled and walked towards one of the statues. It was a statue of a Swordwrath. It was made of grey stone. But something in it caught your attention.

It looked like it was terrified. It seemed to be begging for mercy. Its hands were in front of it while the sword was behind the figure. Its face seemed to be screaming.

Medusa walked closer to you. "Like my statues?" She asked. You look at her. You wondered why she would even let you look at them. Something was not right.

"Want to know where I got them?" She asked. "Did you get it from a really good stone carver?" You said to her.

Medusa shook her head. "No. I got them in a different way." She replied as she leaned closer to you.

"I petrified these people myself." She whispered in your ear.

You froze and look at her. "Petrified?" You stuttered. Medusa nodded. "Yes. These soldiers were foolish enough to confront me. And they paid the price." She explained.

You looked at the statues, tertified. Petrified means turn into stone according to a book you read. Does this mean Medusa can turn people into stone statues?

While you were still frozen in fear, you heard a flapping sound. You looked above you and saw a lot of the winged people you saw last time.

Medusa looked overhead and saw what you were looking at. "Why are they here?" You asked her.

"The Eclipsors? They always stay here." Medusa replied. Eclipsors, so thats what they're called. "But why would they want to stay in a room with petrified people?" You asked.

Medusa smirked. "Because they like to see the suffering of others. We don't always have time for attacks and raids so some of them stay here." She said.

You saw an Eclipsor land beside a petrified Miner. You saw her smile as she quietly observed the statue. After a while, she flew away and landed beside another statue.

Medusa looked at you. You faced her, really wanting to leave the room with the statues.

"So now you know what would happen if you really get me angry." Medusa told you. "Next time you do anything that pisses me or the Juggerknights...

Another statue will join my collection."

She looked at a petrified Spearton. She smirked as she looked back to you. "Is that clear?" She asked.

You nodded. "Yes, Queen Medusa." You almost choke and gag upon saying that. Thankfully Medusa didn't notice.

She led you out of the room. The Eclipsors watched you intently. You didn't want to look at them so you just looked down.

You were brought back to your cell. You saw Alchemy run towards you as the escorting Juggerknight left.

"Are you ok, kid?" Alchemy asked. You nodded. You looked at Alchemy. He looked confused. But then you did something really childish.

You hugged him as you felt your eyes tear up. He saw and decided to calm you down. "I just want to go home!" You cried out as Alchemy patted your head.

"Its alright kid." He tried to comfort you. "Everything will be fine." You started crying. Alchemy carried you to the edge of the room.

You continued hugging him. He let you hug him as long as you want. After a while, you managed to calm down.

You let Alchemy go as you stood up. You wiped the tears from your face. You walked over to the iron bars to look at a specific cell.

You looked at Chariot who was now hitting his head against the wall. You sighed as you sat beside Alchemy. You rested on his shoulder to take a short nap.

When you woke up, you heard shouting. You immediately got up and looked outside your cell.

Chariot wasn't in his cell. You looked around and saw a Juggerknight running towards something.

It was Chariot. He must have found a way to escape. He evaded the Juggerknight with speed and ease. You watched as he made his way out of the prison.

But the prison doors opened. Marrowkai was there, staff in his hands. Chariot growled as he leapt forward, trying to attack the skeleton mage.

But Marrowkai put one of his hands on the floor and said, "Abbysius hagknes!" A skeletal hand appeared and grabbed Chariot by his leg.

Chariot was pulled to the ground. He tried to escape but the hand kept its grip on the struggling Spearton.

Marrowkai striked him with the sharp part of the staff. Chariot screeched in pain. Marrowkai smirked and did it again for a couple of times.

After a few minutes, Marrowkai stopped and looked at Chariot. Chariot looked at Marrowkai, anger and hate gleaming from his eyes.

The Juggerknight grabbed the Spearton as soon as the hand disappeared. He shoved Chariot into his cell.

"Why do you try to escape every single time?" The Juggerknight yelled. Marrowkai scoffed. "Maybe you forgot to double lock his cell." He said.

The Juggerknight glared at him. "Why are you here anyways? Im pretty sure you didn't come here to help me." He asked.

"I came here to get the kid." Marrowkai replied as he walked to your cell. He looked at you. "Research purposes." He told the Juggerknight.

The Juggerknight rolled his eyes and walked away. Marrowkai opened your cell and grabbed you.

You struggled, knowing that Marrowkai wasn't as strong as the Juggerknights. But he growled and held his staff on his other hand.

"Monjursis skandio!" He said. Uncontrollably, you stopped moving. You tried to move but you couldn't.

You saw a black figure behind you. It was the same one that you saw with Braeburn.

Marrowkai walked away. The black figure moved towards him, making you follow.

You wanted to just run away but your movements were under Marrowkai's control. He led you to what seemed to be a library.

You look and saw different books about stuff you didn't know about yet. Marrowkai put his staff on a table far from your reach.

You saw as he grabbed something from a shelf. It was a potion. He walked towards you and gave it to you.

"Drink it." He ordered. You look at the potion. It was dark red, almost like blood. You look at Marrowkai and shook your head.

"What if its poison?" You asked. Marrowkai growled. He took his staff and hit it against the floor.

You felt yourself take the potion and move it to your mouth. You closed your eyes as you unwantedly drank every last bit of the potion.

Marrowkai took the glass from you. "You'll be drinking more soon." He said as you could only helplessly watch him.

Whats he going to do with you?