Chapter 13 - Training

You watched as the 2 intruders flew away. You looked at Medusa who examined the broken vase.

You look at her sadly. She looked back. "Its nothing. Just a vase." She told you as she stood up. "What are you even doing at this hour?"

"I heard voices so I checked it out." You replied. Medusa sighed. "Well, be careful next time. Don't go poking around places where you're not supposed to be." She said.

You nodded. "But what are you doing here?" You asked her. "I heard something break." Medusa answered. "I thought I might as well investigate."

"Ok." You said. You yawned as you realized how sleepy you were. "Its late. You should go back to bed." Medusa told you.

"But what if they come back?" You asked. "They're smart enough to leave us alone." She replied. "Now go back to your room."

You nodded and proceeded to find your way back. But you turned to Medusa. "Aren't you going to sleep?" You asked.

Medusa shrugged. "I don't always need to sleep." She said. "Besides, you're the one who will be training tomorrow. So go get rest."

"Ok. Good night then!" You wave as you go back to your room. Once you were there, you saw that Lila was still asleep. You giggled as you went beside her and fell asleep too.

??? Person's POV

I carried my friend through the night sky. We barely got out of there. I look at him and saw him still groaning and screaming.

"Don't worry. I'll get someone to help." I said. But he glared at me. "Are you insane? If someone finds out, we're dead." He told me.

I sighed. "You're health is more important now." I replied. He started protesting but I ignored him.

"Who are we going to anyway?" My friend asked. "To my cousin's house near the beach. It shouldn't be long now." I said.

I could here him mumbling things but I let it go. Next time, we're not going back to that lady's castle or break any of her stuff.

But that kid though. A Swordwrath? Was she a prisoner? Or maybe she decided to betray Order and work for Chaos?

Either way, Medusa seems to care a lot about that kid. Wait a sec, this gives me an idea.

"Don't worry, man. I'll make sure we make them pay." I reassured my friend. He smiled weakly but evilly.

Back to Regular POV

You woke up to the sound of...

Crawlers? Thats new.

You look and see that Lila was waking up too. She stretched her dark wings. "Good morning, (YN)!" She smiled.

"Good morning to you too Lila." You replied. You both got out of bed. You went outside your room. You looked to see if anyone was awake.

But you heard Lila giggling. She points at a Juggerknight who was sleeping against the wall. You started snickering too.

You both walk out and go to Alchemy and Chariot's room. You knocked and waited for any reply.

You surprisingly heard the door creak open. Chariot tried standing up and opening the door with his hands.

You smiled at how he managed to do it. You go inside and saw that Alchemy was still asleep.

You and Chariot look at each other and smirked. You knew what to do. You both went over to Alchemy who was sleeping soundly.

Chariot tried shaking him and saying his name repeatedly. It didn't work. You tried poking him with his staff. Still nothing.

Then, you knew what to do. "Medusa's here." You whispered. To your surprise, Alchemy opened one eye and smiled.

"That won't work on me anymore." He said as he sat up. Alchemy got off the bed and stretched a bit. He then got his staff and walked outside.

When you all did, you saw Lila confronting the Juggerknight. "Look kid. Just leave me alone." He glared at her.

But Lila just kept talking. "Im gonna tell Medusa that you were slacking on your job." She smiled.

"WHAT?! NO! DON'T YOU DARE!" The Juggerknight started shouting. "Don't you dare what?" A voice asked.

You all turn to see the familiar queen. "Did I miss anything?" Medusa asked. "Nope!" The Juggerknight said as he pushed Lila off and walked away.

Medusa was obviously confused. Lila and Chariot kept laughing while Alchemy was smiling.

After you were given breakfast, Medusa told you to follow her. You obeyed and she led you outside.

You were wondering if this was where you were going to train. "Medusa. Is this part of training?" You asked.

She nodded. "Yes. We will be doing it here so that no one else gets hurt." She replied.

"Ok, so what do we do now?" You asked. "Well, before we start. Do you have any other questions?" Medusa replied.

You thought for a while and nodded. "Who were those people last night?" You asked.

Medusa looked at you. "You seriously don't know?" She said. You shook your head.

Medusa sighed. "They are called Elementals." She told you. "Wait, there are other empires besides Order and Chaos?" You asked.

"Yes. So far, there are 3 known empires in Inamorta: Order, Chaos, and Elemental." She explained. You nodded.

"The Elementals live on an island a little far from here." Medusa continued to explain. "There, they use different elements for their power.

"The basic elements are fire, water, earth, and air. But they can merge together to form stronger units by combining their elements."

You listened to Medusa's explanation. "Now enough about that ridiculous empire. We have work to do." She said.

"Alright, I'll teach you the simplest one first." She told you. "Venom Flux. All you need to do is to say the spell. Watch."

Medusa demonstrated by saying 'Toxica Amasacus' and creating a pool of poisonous liquid. "Since you have Medusa blood, this should be easy." She said.

You nodded. "Now you try." Medusa said. You gulped as you felt really nervous. You have never done this before. What if you failed.

Medusa saw your worried expression. "Don't worry. Its ok to make mistakes. We have all the time to practice." She comforted you.

You nod. "Ok." You smiled. You tried it out. With your energy, you said the spell properly and clearly.

You opened your eyes to see if it worked. It did. But you only made a few liquid appear. You heard Medusa sigh.

"Well, this will take a while." She said.