Chapter 10 - Monday Mornings And Diary Entries

Lola's POV:

Monday.Monday.Monday! Have I mentioned that it's bloody Monday? Because some cruel bastard thinks it's funny to make me get up at 6:30am to go to a hell hole known as school. After yesterday I'm not really in the mood to go to school. Even though yesterday was fun that blonde idiot had to turn up and ruin the fun. Yes I know what your thinking, they were his friends first, but seriously did he need to turn up late to band practise drunk off his skinny ass? The answer is no he doesn't just to clarify!

To be honest I don't know why it bothered me so much. Usually I wouldn't care if anyone was drunk, especially Luke but I don't know, he just seemed different. He wasn't the shy quiet boy, he was loud and all over the place. But by the sounds of it he has been like this before so I guess the moral to this story is don't judge a book by its cover. Usually I find it easy to read a person but Luke I can't quite understand which irritates me more than it should. Anywhore I need to stop daydreaming and get ready for school.

I grab my red top, black shorts and underwear and rush to my bathroom to get changed. I quickly have a shower to wake me up, get dry and finally get dressed. As I walked out of the steamed up bathroom I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. As I walked closer towards it, it became more obvious to what it was. A small black book was sticking out of the corner under my bed.

When I moved into this house the furniture was already here so I didn't need to buy anything. This book must have been left behind by the previous house owner. As I examined the book more I noticed that it looked like a diary! When I turned the first page I noticed a picture of two children smiling toothy grins. The children must have been about five or six. One of the kids was a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes whilst the other child was a girl with brown curly hair and brown eyes.

I know it's wrong to read someone else's diary but what harm could it do? The person left it and I didn't know them so it would be like a story but in more depth. Okay now I'm just making excuses, god I'm going to hell but I will meet the rest of you there.

As I turned the next page there was a quote written in old fashioned writing, it said:
Don't wait for the storm to pass,
Just learn how to dance in the rain!
On the page opposite the quote there was a big cross with the words keep out were written. Heres the thing though, I never did quite enjoy obeying the rules so I decided it was in my best interest to keep on reading.

On the next page I could easily tell it was a diary from the date written on the top and the words 'dear diary' that followed.

April The 6th 2011
Dear Diary,
I thought it was about time I started keeping a diary since that's what the cliche girls in movies do. Since I want to be an actress when I'm older I guess I might as well as get a head start with all the cliches and dramatic things in life. Okay so today I started my new school and so far I've only made a few friends thanks to Pepper. Before you wonder who came up with the amazing nicknames it was me. I'm salt and obviously my best friend is pepper. I'm so lucky he was there to show me around and introduce me to people otherwise I wouldn't have known anyone. I still can't believe we have been best friends for nearly 12 years now it's crazy! I won't mention his name Incase Johnny finds my diary. Knowing him he will probably hold this against me so if you ever read this you annoying little brother, RUN! Well I've got to go now because I've got to meet Jasmine (my new friend) in a few minutes but I will write soon.
Love
Flo XoXo

So far this girl seems kind of fun and would be around my age as well by now. I'm going to read this later but I've got to go to school now because if I'm late mother dearest will have a fit. I quickly put my usual make up on and grab my back pack off my floor. As I'm jogging down stairs I can hear the sound of a dying whale. This could only mean one thing...
My brother is not getting what he wants.

Which is a surprise since he's always been the golden child. Now I know most children think their parents prefer one child over the other but I don't think, I know! My proof of this is when I want something I have to get it myself but if my little brother wants something, he gets what he wants when he wants it. If I get in trouble it creates world war three but if he gets in trouble then it's 'Oh honey don't worry would you like a cookie now?'.

I bet some of you think I'm exaggerating but if anything I'm not being dramatic enough. All the time I get ignored and 'left to my own devices' as my parents like to call it but not for him, no he's always the bloody centre of attention 24/7. I know I sound jealous and to be honest in a way I kind of am. But enough of my self pity I need to get food and go.

As I step into the kitchen I see my little brother whining about the fact he can't have the day off. I just walk past and say suck it up we all have to, grab a breakfast bar, some lunch and make my way out of the house. Today I have to walk to school because some little brat thought it would be funny to unscrew all the bolts on my skateboard and hid them. To say I was pissed when I found out was an understatement but I will not give the demon what he wants. I just need to find a way to bribe him for the bolts and all will be as happy as happy people can get in the world of Lola.

30 Minutes Later...

After an excruciating long walk I eventually arrive. As I walk through the swarm of people it becomes how plainly obvious the groups are. I felt like I was watching mean girls because on one bench was the cheerleaders, jocks and football team. On the other bench sat the gamers and nerds, by the wall were the emos, goths and stoners. And finally you had the people who talk to everyone which consisted of Calum, Ashton, Michael and a few other unfamiliar faces. But what got me the most was Luke was no where to be seen. Oh well maybe he is still recovering from his hang over. I guess I will just have to see what the rest of the day decides to throw at me!

Hello my armadillos!
Sorry I haven't been updating as much I have just finished my exams and still have been finding it hard to write. Writers block is a bitch but I'm in the middle of also creating a new book which has not been uploaded yet! But I now have a few ideas for this story and should be updating a little more often!
Thank you to all you lovely readers, I know this book isn't very good but I'm trying so please don't give up on me just yet!
Thank you all so much for voting and reading,
Stay perfect you gorgeous bunch of readers,
Love,
Erin XxX❤️