Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Mae

I sit waiting for the service to take place in what can only be described as a fairy tale wedding. I never asked Chelsea anything about the service because I wanted to be surprised. I know that it was a gamble with the cake design, but my intuition has never been wrong.

There are so many guests that I am shocked that we are all fitting in this room. Everyone who is of the upper-class society of this city is here. There are also a few celebrities here which honestly shocks me. I knew that these people were influential, but I had no clue to what extent.

I feel completely underdressed in my department store dress that I had to save up to get. For me, a dress that costs this much is something that is considered a luxury and not something that happens very often. Alex, however, seemed to love it and was giving lust-filled looks ever since I stepped out of the bedroom with it on.

A woman comes and sits next to me with a small smile on her face. She has rather kind eyes and I feel like she may be the only person in this crowd that I could talk to.

"Hope you don't mind me sitting here. My sons are in the wedding, and I couldn't help but want to see them. They have been friends with Xavier from the time that they were in diapers."

I feel my heart stop. This is Tanner's mother. This is the woman who gave birth to the man that ruined my life at one time. She seems so calm and kind, so it is shocking to know that those two are her children.

"It's perfectly fine. My boyfriend is in the wedding as well." She smiles at me and raises a brow in question. "Alex. We have been dating for a while now."

"Thank goodness. That boy needs someone to love. I only wish my boys would find someone as lovely as you."

Hearing her say that sends a shiver down my spine. At one point in time, her son did have me, but he chose to throw it all away. Well more like it was never real, to begin with. I smile back at her and push back any of the awkwardness I may be feeling.

The service begins, and I see Xavier and Alex standing at the front looking handsome. Alex looks for me and gives me a big toothy grin when he finds me. As the groomsmen walk down with the bridesmaids they all lineup. Tanner looks over at me, and then his eyes get huge when he sees who I am sitting next to.

I can tell that he is starting to get nervous with me here next to his mother. Sweat starts to pop up across his forehead, and my inner self is laughing at his fear.

The service is beautiful, and the bride looks happier than I have ever seen her. I make my way over to where the reception is being held, and it looks amazing. My cake is looking perfect and many guests are standing around it taking pictures. I feel proud that I was able to create something so beautiful for their special day.

I look for the table with the seating chart and find that I am at the table with Alex and the rest of the bridal party. With a deep breath and a pep talk, I make my way to my seat. After being there for a few minutes I feel lips against my neck and I know that Alex has found me.

"Have I told you how gorgeous you look today?" His breath fans against my ear as he talks.

"Only a few times, but I love to hear it again." I wrap my arm around him while he hugs me from behind.

"Then I will tell you that every day for the rest of your life." I smile at the thought that we are going to be living together soon.

Alex sits down next to me, and we begin talking about how amazing the service was. He blushes when I tell him how handsome he looked standing up there. I giggle at his embarrassment knowing that it isn't often that he gets like this. He takes my hand and kisses it while looking me in the eyes. The man is romantic without even trying.