25. Slow Poke

Although I feel like I slept, I still cringe at the sound of my alarm going off. I'm VERY tempted to hit snooze, but I know that if I don't, I'll possibly be able to video chat with Dylan this morning before work. I turn off my alarm, and then try calling him. It rings twice before he answers.

"That was fast."

"I was just about to text you. Good morning babe. I see you're still in bed."

"Good morning baby. Yes I am, and it looks like you are too."

"Ya...way too cozy this morning. I don't know how you get up this early every day."

"It's not easy. I think we may have to adjust our curfew, 'cause six hours just isn't enough."

"Ya, I'm feeling ya on that one. Lesson learned."

"It was worth it though."

"Filled Sammie in on everything yet?"

He sticks his tongue out at me, and I shake my head at him.

"No. I passed right out after we hung up, and called you right after I woke up this morning."

"I'm shocked. You tell her everything."

He's being sarcastic and loving every minute of it.

"I don't tell her everything. If you're that set on me talking to her, I can hang up with you and go and call her."

"No no. I'll happily and selfishly take all the time I can to talk to you."

"I thought so. We should really get out of bed now and get ready."

I count to three and then force myself out of bed. I prop my phone up on my bathroom counter and mute my microphone while I pee. I finish up in the bathroom, and when I look, he's just getting out of bed.

"Come on slow poke."

"I'm definitely not the morning person you are."

"Nothing new there. You never really have been."

I prop him on my dresser, and go to the closet to grab my work clothes for the day. I start to get changed, and forget for a second that he can see me. He comes back on camera as I am just starting to pull up my pants, and does a double take.

"Damn babe. I didn't know this was a strip show too."

I wink at him and after finishing pulling up my pants, I turn and take off my pajama shirt. I don't wear bras when I sleep, so all he can see is my bare back.

"You're such a tease."

I put on my plum purple satin bra and then turn around. He's just standing there watching me, instead of getting ready himself. I throw on my shirt, and then tell him the show is over and he can get back to getting ready now. While he's off camera getting his work clothes, I quickly text Sammie and ask if she wants to meet for lunch somewhere today. She's usually still getting ready at this time, so I don't expect her to respond right away. I go back to the video chat and then grab my bags and head downstairs. Dads already gone, and I can hear the shower going, so I know I won't have to worry about mom for a while. I get to watch him get changed, and almost run into the counter because I'm so distracted.

"You can take your time."

He blushes and shakes his head at me.

"First you tell me I'm going too slow getting ready, and now you're telling me to take my time."

"Well, when I get to enjoy the view..."

He shakes his head at me, and then finishes getting dressed. I start to toast myself a bagel, and he goes upstairs to make himself something.