8. Bad Company

"I didn't wait for my first time, but I have waited since. There was more peer pressure to have sex back then. I knew she wanted it, and it was obvious to those around us at the time. I knew things weren't going to work out with her shortly after that, and I vowed to not give in to the pressure from then on. I knew I wanted to experience it with someone who I deeply cared for and loved. I hadn't found that person until you...not that we have to have sex right away or anything. When the times right and we're both ready. I'm not going to rush you into it."

"There you go saying all the right things, and making me want to kiss you. I've never crossed that bridge with anyone. Came close a couple times, but it didn't feel right. I wanted it to feel right. Wanted to be one hundred percent sure that I wanted to do it with that person. If it took until marriage, than so be it. But if it happens before then, then it happens. I will say, that I do remember the peer pressure that led to that. I'm glad you don't have to put up with them anymore."

He stretches and looks around. There's too many people around for him to be able to sneakily kiss me. We both see kids coming this way, and know that this means the end of the conversation for now.

"I'll make up for it later. Looks like we've got company."

Daniel asks Dylan if he wants to come and teach them some soccer moves. Ava and Jack start begging and pleading for him to do it, so he agrees to go. We all walk over to the grass, and I leave them when Spencer calls me over. I'm not sure when he got here, but Spencer's friend Cole is standing there with him. I've known him since I could crawl. He's a couple years older than I am, just like Spencer and Kendall. Six foot, eight inches tall, with short curly brown hair. Pretty much a whole foot taller than I am. Skinny but muscular build. Never really talked to me all those years though. I can see him looking me up and down but I try to ignore it. I keep my tone light, but proceed with a hint of caution.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, Cole needs a lift down to the public beach, and we were wondering if you would be up to driving the jet ski with him on it, while we ride along with you guys? Kendall wants to see a couple of the girls who are down there. Otherwise, I'd just take him down myself."

I still don't know how he got here in the first place. Not a huge fan of the way he's looking at me either, but I try to push that aside, and be polite. Not sure know how comfortable I'd be with taking him with me. I could offer to take Kendall on mine, but I know she likes riding with Spencer. Guess we could try it...the public beach isn't too far.

"Sure, I guess. How'd you get down here anyways?"

He flashes me a smile, and it makes me feel slightly uneasy. He's the type of guy who was a jock in high school. One of the ones who was used to getting what they want, when they want it. One whose used to getting lots of attention from lots of girls. I was never into guys like him. They drove me nuts.

"I biked here from work. Spencer had mentioned coming here, so I thought I'd stop along my way."

"Ah, gotcha. Just let me get ready and I can drive you down."

They go down the dock to find him a life jacket from the boat. I go put my towel on a chair so it can somewhat dry. I grab my phone and send Dylan a text, telling him I'll be taking Cole down with Spencer, and that I'll be back shortly. I pull my hair out of its pony, and put it back up in a bun this time. I head back to the boat to grab my life jacket, and as I'm walking down the dock, I can see them all looking at me and talking. Let's just hope it's about my driving...