23. Big Statement

"We never did decide where we were going next, did we?"

"Nope."

"Hungry?"

"Nope."

"If we go watch a movie, we'll likely fall asleep. If we go swimming or in the hot tub, that'll likely lead to other things happening."

He looks at me to see what my reaction to that is.

"We could go back to your place and play some games. Was fun playing blitz yesterday."

"Oh, it's on. I'll probably change when we get home though."

"Do I have spare clothes there still?"

He thinks hard while he starts to drive back to his house.

"I think so. I think I remember seeing them in the closet earlier."

He laces his fingers with mine, and we listen to the radio on the way. I catch him smiling when I start singing along to the songs. That's one thing I'm not nervous about with him. I've sang in front of him for years. He hasn't complained yet, so I must not be too bad. We pull in and see both of his parents cars here. The light on the back deck is still on, so they're likely out back. Instead of going through the side door, Dylan takes my hand and leads me to the back gate.

"Guessing you want to show off the dress?"

"Something like that."

We walk through the gate and startle them a little bit. They're both sitting on the back porch. Jill sits in her chair with her long straight blonde hair up in a classic bun. She's wearing long silk purple lounge pants, and an ivory silk tank. She has the same sky blue eyes and blonde hair as Katie. But Katie keeps hers in a short pixie cut since she's had kids. They both have pale skin. Jill is thin and about 5'5". Katie got more of Henry's height gene and is my height. Katie's figure is a bit more curvy than her mothers. Dylan gets his looks from Henry. Henry is tall and muscular. With broad muscled shoulders. His hair is chocolate brown with a hint of grey, and wavy. He keeps it longer on top. He has the same striking emerald green eyes that Dylan has. They both have the darker skin and tan easily.

Jill with her glass of wine and Henry with his beer, look like quite the couple sitting there on the deck. As we walked through, I was behind Dylan. When I step to the side, I watch as Jill's jaw drops, making my cheeks blush instantly.

"I had the same reaction when I saw her."

"Oh Everly! You look gorgeous. This is the dress you picked out Dylan, isn't it?"

He smiles big and wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me to his side.

"Yup. The dress was made for her." 

"I couldn't agree more."

We watch as she fumbles around to try to find her phone. She eventually finds it, and ushers for us to come follow her inside where there's better lighting. She has us stand together in the dining room, as she takes picture after picture. Dylan tells her we're done, and she goes back out to show Henry the pictures, and to probably send them to people.

We head downstairs, and into his room to find a change of clothes.

"You know she's likely sending those to everyone now, right?"

"Ya...it's fine. She's probably already told all those people anyways. Plus I don't want to have to hide our relationship anymore. I wanna love on you whenever and wherever I want."

"Is that so?"

He walks back over to me, scoops me up, and spins me around.

"Yep. We've already established how much we like to kiss each other. I don't think I could hold off on it when I get to see you. That would be a whole other level of torture."