2. Big Waves

A couple minutes pass, before I hear him coming in the water behind me. I hear him mumbling to himself about how cold it is, and how I must be crazy for being out this far. He wraps his arms around my waist and lays his head on my shoulder, then kisses my neck sweetly.

"I could get used to this."

"Me too. Thankfully you weren't in a bathing suit, otherwise you'd be way out there and it wouldn't have happened."

"I do have one on under my clothes, so I could have gone further. Didn't feel like torturing you that much though. Gotta be nicer since I want to keep you around even more now."

"Mhm."

I rest my head back against him and he squeezes me tighter. I feel so safe in his arms. We see a boat coming, and before I can blink, he's picking me up and carrying me back towards the beach.

"Guessing you didn't want to get even more wet?"

"Nope! Big boat makes big waves."

Sure enough, we turn around once he puts me down, and the waves would have gotten us wet past our waist. I grab a towel out of the bag and dry my legs off, before handing it to him for him to do the same.

"You came prepared."

"Don't I always?"

He laughs and nods. I check the time on my phone and it's already almost 4 p.m. 

"Surprised it's been almost an hour already."

"So was I. Mom called asking if I'd be home for dinner. They were going to grill some steaks. I told her I was with you, and she asked if you wanted to come too. They have more than enough. I told her I'd ask you and let her know."

"Did you tell her about us?"

"Almost, but no. Wanted to check with you first. They knew something was off with me lately, so they'll for sure notice a difference tonight when I go home. We don't have to tell them if you want to keep it on the down low for a while."

"I think it could be fun to surprise them. Tell them at dinner. Did they know you liked me?"

"Hmm...if they did they never said anything. They figured something had happened between us when you hadn't been around for a while. But they never pushed for answers."

"Okay. Well, you can let them know I'm coming. I can follow you home I guess."

As we pack up my things, I look over and he looks a little sad.

"What's that face for?"

"Just had this picture in my head of us going together. Not quite the same when we drive separately."

"Well, I don't want to leave my car all the way out here. So unless you follow me home and then we drive together to your house."

"Okay!"

He perks right up at that suggestion, and we walk back up to the parking lot, hand in hand. He ended up parking next to me, so he doesn't have far to go once he throws my bag and the blanket in the back of my car. Before I can get in, he backs me up against the door and kisses me.

"I think I'm really going to like this."

I lay my head on his chest and he squeezes me tight.

"Me too."

When I finally decide to let the hug end, he kisses me again before opening my door for me. I end up making it back to my house before he does, so I have time to quickly run in and grab a couple things. I'm surprised when I come back out that he's just coming down the street. Once he parks, I hop in and see why he's only just getting here.