037; i'm fine with friends

THIRD PERSON.

"ARE WE ALLOWED UP HERE?" CORBYN ASKED, being pulled by Kate up a few flights of stairs as they made their way to the rooftop.

"Probably not." Kate replied, opening the door to the rooftop as they both walked onto it, the door slamming shut behind them while they looked at each other.

"I hope that shit opens again." Corbyn said through a nervous laugh.

"We'll find a way to get it open." Kate shrugged, the pair finding a bench in the middle of the area, with no hesitation to walk over to it.

And as they sat down, Kate immediately rested her legs on top of the boys, leaning against the arm rest at the end of her side of the bench while Corbyn traced small doodles across her legs, staring at the city they were currently in.

"New York parties are no fun." Kate sighed.

"You don't even know anyone down there." Corbyn looked at her and smiled.

"And you do?"

"No.." he frowned.

With a smile stuck on Kate's face and the two of them falling into a silence, her smile slowly turned into an upset yet guilty frown, sighing and fiddling with the bracelet she had on her wrist before looking over to Corbyn.

There was slight hesitation while she managed to get any words out of her mouth, struggling with how to form the sentence or what she was going to say to him, forgetting to think about how he'd react to something she had told the boy she never does.

"..I'm sorry." Kate spoke up, "for uh.. everything."

"What do you mean?"

"Like ruining the talent show and your science projects and making sure you failed your tests I don't know." She shrugged and glancing down at her hands, "i'm just sorry, I feel guilty about it."

"No it's fine." Corbyn shook his head, "none of it matters anymore, I graduated and that shit isn't needed in my career. I'm doing fine, I just held a grudge."

"I know it doesn't matter but I felt guilty so I wanted to apologise." Kate told him as he laughed slightly.

"Thank you for your apology." Corbyn smiled, "I'm sorry for everything I did too and I'm also sorry for everything I've called you in the past month or two."

"I'm sorry about the billboard." Kate looked at him as his smile fell slightly, "it was my idea and i'm sorry I even considered ruining this career, I don't plan on doing that anymore."

"It's fine, you're forgiven." Corbyn told her, "don't worry about it."

"I just wanted to make sure we were both on the same page with everything." Kate explained, "I didn't want either of us to hold any grudges."

"I'm a little bit pissed off at how much you move in your sleep." Corbyn shrugged, "waking up with the cover on the floor is not the best thing in the world."

"I get told I move in my sleep so much." Kate shook her head, "I always wake up in the same place I fall asleep in though."

"No you move so much." He laughed, "Every two minutes you're moving halfway across the bed to change positions, it's weird. You tried to pull me with you at one point during the night."

"The only time I don't move in my sleep is when I am drunk." Kate smiled, "which is really weird."

"But other than that, we're fine." Corbyn said, "we are friends, if you want to be referred to as that."

"Friends who act like a couple for the public." She raised her eyebrows.

"Hey well if you want to be more then.." Corbyn held his hands up as she looked at him, pausing for a few moments.

"No," she shook her head, "I'm fine with friends."

"I mean everything I said though." He continued, "I do think you are quite a sweetheart deep down."

"Absolutely not." She rolled her eyes, "that's the worst thing I've ever been called."

"You're not always cold and mean." Corbyn tilted his head.

"I wish I was. It would be easier than being nice to everyone." The girl shrugged, "I'm only nice to Evie, she's my exception."

"I've never heard you be nice to her and actually give her love."

"I do it when we're alone." Kate looked at him, "I don't like people seeing how nice I can be, it makes me look weak. Isaac said-"

"Katelyn." Corbyn mumbled, the two of them catching eyes as he frowned slightly, "Isaac is a dick, he doesn't deserve you."

"I know." Kate nodded.

"Then why won't you leave.." he said under his breath, scratching the back of his neck while Kate slowly shook her head.

"He's all I have, I don't.." Kate sighed, "I don't want to end it with him and then be lonely forever because he's the only guy that wants me."

"He isn't the only guy that wants you."

"Everyone else just thinks I'm a hot girl they can buy a drink for and then get something out of it in return." Kate explained, "and to be honest, I kind of hate it."

"I don't think you're that." Corbyn frowned, "why have I been put into that category?"

"Because you don't want me." She rolled her eyes, waiting for a response as Corbyn had suddenly gone quiet, Kate's eyes slowly glancing over to the boy as he stared at her, "..can you say something so this isn't awkward?"

"Why would it be awkward?"

"Because it's making it seem like you want me and that is making me feel gross." Kate shrugged as a small smile crept on Corbyn's face, "ew oh my god no stop."

"What?" He laughed, watching her get up before pacing around the rooftop, "I didn't even say anything Katelyn."

"But you-"

"I'd consider it." He shrugged and watched her shake her head, "what?"

"Not me." Kate mumbled, "no, no no."

"Why not you?" Corbyn asked as he threw his hands up, "I am trying to talk to you about how I feel and you're invalidating-"

"I'm toxic." Kate interrupted him as they both went quiet.

"..you're not toxic, you're just with the wrong guy."

"Stop talking to me about how you feel." Kate pointed her finger towards him, "we're going to act like you never said that."

"I don't want to do that."

"I do." She nodded, "so don't ever speak to me about-"

"Shut up now," Corbyn interrupted her, cupping his face with one of his hands before he placed his lips against hers.

Despite Kate's arms wrapping around the boys neck and shuffling closer to him, a small smile was on her face as she pulled away from the kiss, "this kiss doesn't not solve anything, we are still acting like you never said that."

"Until I come to a final conclusion about my feelings, fine." Corbyn gave her a smile, "but for now I like the page we are on."

"It doesn't feel like we're on the same page."

"It will feel like that soon." Corbyn nodded, leaning back into the kiss as he hands went to her waist.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

needed a meaningful kinda important
chapter here so take note of what corbyn said
bc it has hints to the next few chapters lol

sorry for next chapter ur gonna be hurt

but fr see u monday !! enjoy ur weekend
fr this time <3