020; she doesn't do those

THIRD PERSON.

THE NEXT DAY, CORBYN MADE HIS WAY TO KATE and Evie's apartment just a little past midday, small bag of food in his hand from the nearest chipotle whilst he stood in the elevator up to their floor.

As the doors for the elevator opened, the boy shoved his phone into the pocket of his jeans as he stepped out of it, turning the corner down to their door and stopping once seeing Kate lock the door to their apartment.

Standing in silence, he waited for the girl to double check the door was locked before turning to walk to the elevator and glancing up to see him, stopping her walk almost immediately.

"You said you were sick," he spoke up.

"Emphasis on were," Kate replied, shoving her keys into her bag and walking past him.

"Kate." Corbyn called out, turning to look at her as she did the same, "Are you not sick anymore?"

"People recover, crazy right?" She raised her eyebrows, rolling her eyes and pressing the button to the elevator.

"Where are you off to? Randy said you didn't attend the meeting because-"

"I called in sick," she interrupted him, walking into the elevator as he furrowed his eyebrows and followed in with her, "really?"

"You're being weird," Corbyn mentioned, pressing the button to the ground floor as she let out a sigh, "Whats with that?"

"Just having an off day," Kate shrugged, her stare on the floor as she refused to look his way, "That's all."

"Right," he slowly nodded, "did you see the billboard in the group chat last night?"

"Mhm."

"Who would just do half of it," he shook his head as he laughed, waiting for a reaction from the girl stood beside him, "are you lying about seeing it?"

"No I saw it." She nodded, "Weird that someone would only do half."

"If you're going to ruin my career, do a good job at it?" Corbyn rolled his eyes as Kate nodded, quickly walking out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened, "Kate what is up with you?"

"Can you just leave me alone?" Kate asked as she turned to look back at him.

"Why are you being extra weird as soon as I mentioned the billboard issue?" Corbyn threw his hands up as the girl found herself unable to say her next sentence before she shook her head.

His confused face soon fell and his head tilted to one side while Kate continued to slowly back up, "So that's why you're avoiding me."

"It was stupid i-"

"You're damn right, why are you trying to ruin my career?!" Corbyn raised his voice slightly as her, "I thought we were fucking getting along."

"Corbyn I-"

"Unbelievable."

"Stop interrupting me," Kate mumbled.

"I'm pissed off Kate." Corbyn argued as he shrugged, "Those tweets are from so long ago it isn't who we are now, what was the point in that?"

"I wasn't thinking," she subtly shrugged, fiddling with the ring on her finger, "That's why only half of it is done."

"You gained common sense halfway through it?" He rolled his eyes, "I'm getting you fired Kate i'm not having you ruin something that means so much to me."

"I already put my notice in," Kate told him, watching him go quiet before staring at her slightly confused, "Okay well I didn't yet but I am going to at the end of the day."

"Good," he told her, "Go do something good with your life for once, instead of being a waste of space."

"What?"

"Uh," Evie disrupted their conversation, slowly walking over to the pair with grocery bags in her hand, "Are we both good?"

"You rely on being my fake girlfriend to earn money," Corbyn continued, completely ignoring Evie as she furrowed her eyebrows, "You need me Kate, I don't need you."

"I never said you-"

"Maybe you can do what you do best and be a hoe or something," he suggested, watching a frown appear on her face as Evie looked at him, "Go to parties every night and sleep with new-"

"Corbyn." Evie interrupted him as he turned to face her, "What are you doing?"

"Reminding her where she belongs." Corbyn shrugged, Evie shaking her head and turning to Kate.

The girl had tears in her eyes as she stared at the boy in slight disbelief, quickly turning around and making her way out of the building.

"She's full of shit," he mumbled, rolling his eyes as Evie sighed and walked over to the elevator, "Do you not get tired of her shit?"

"She's not as bad as you think she is, you provoke her anger most of the time by small things you say."

"Small things i've always said to her." He shrugged.

"Small things that now affect her because of the relationship she has with Isaac," Evie told him, "she's not as tough as she seems."

"Evie she just vandalised a billboard of mine, why are you justifying-"

"You need to let her explain that," Evie interrupted him as she stepped into the elevator, "And hear her apology."

"Apology? She doesn't do those."

"Let her calm down and then speak to her." Evie said, the doors closing to the elevator as Corbyn shook it off and stormed out of the apartment building.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

well well well

kate has emotions other than anger 😳🤥🧐