000; prologue

a letter to the person who ruined my high school experience,

emerson, as much as i'd love to say this to your face on graduation day i'd also hate to have the principal murder both of us, so this letter is all you'll receive from me. 

for the past four years, you've been the only person to make high school a living hell. you ruined my relationship with the girl i was in love with, you sabotaged all of my science projects, you made fun of me, made sure i failed every test so my mom could ground me, it seemed like wherever there was an opportunity for me to fuck up, you made sure it happened.

i never considered it bullying, mostly because i did the same back to you, i saw it as more of a rivalry thing we had going and so i knew it was never pure bullying, it was just how we were towards each other, yet somehow you always took it a step too far.

really i should thank you, there were times where you did get me out of toxic friendships because you thought i was super happy in them, or the times you made sure i was grounded when you were actually saving me from getting my ass beat from a person that didn't like me at a party i was forced to miss that night, you saved my ass a bunch of times.

but you also frustrated me in ways i didn't even know was possible. you ruined plans, you ruined my life at times and there were some points where i considered humiliating you in front of the entire school, but i didn't.

i should've gotten myself used to it since it all started in elementary, that time you sabotaged my talent show because you hated to see me succeed. it was then i should've seen what you were trying to do and left you alone, but to be honest i really did like the idea of having a rivalry.

i hope we can both leave each other alone on graduation day and not ruin it for each other. i know that you've been looking forward to that day and i'm sure you know i have been too, so i hope next week we can set asides our troubles for that one day.

but i also want to say fuck you for ruining my high school experience and i hope to never be in touch with you again, i wish you well though.

- corbyn

and ps, you're dead to me.

-

a letter to the boy who sent a letter,

how did you know love letters are my favourite thing ever? you have a great way of words besson.

finding this letter in my locker has been the highlight of my senior year, it really made my heart warm up when i found out you wrote me a personalised letter, i feel so special and honoured.

i read it all. it seemed like you had a lot of emotions to spill and i do too, so i hope you also find this in your locker and read it.

first off, the past four years have been a hell of a ride, i thoroughly enjoyed ruining every opportunity and i'm sure you could always tell it made my day. i think my favourite thing i ever did was sabotage your science projects, something you put so much pride and joy into and i ruined it all, it felt great.

i'm glad you didn't see it as bullying, and i'm also glad i did save your ass sometimes when all i was hoping for is a disappointed look on your face, but let's also not forget the shit you did too.

from the rumours you spread about me to the dates you ruined with the boys i had a really big liking for, you ruined my social life and as we know, it's something that i find really important and is a huge part of my life.

there were times you upset me, times you made me cry from anger and times i considered crossing the line and making you drop out completely but i never had it in me to do that, as i know it was never bullying.

but thank you for letting me ruin your high school experience, thank you for letting me ruin your life because some days it put a smile on my face when i didn't want anything to.

i'm glad you had the same idea i did for graduation, and i promise i will not even bat an eyelid towards you that day, i hope it treats you well and i hope you actually do graduate after all the tests you failed.

i also hope your band goes far, i know you were keen to get out there and have a music career so i hope it works out, that's the only somewhat nice thing i'll ever say, so i hope you achieve your dreams.

much love,
kate <3

and ps, i was never really a fan of your blond hair.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)