072; i felt a little betrayed

THIRD PERSON.

"HE'S ACTING WEIRD AGAIN," ZACH SAID AS CORBYN had left the studio to grab a bottle of water.

"He hasn't spoke to Kate in a few days," Jonah replied, "I saw her walk past the door about an hour ago."

"Yeah, she has a meeting with Randy about her song." Jack said with a small smile, "I think he wants her to sign with him."

"I don't really trust any other manager in the industry for her," Jonah frowned, "she's being thrown into the deep end so quickly, she needs some support as she goes through it."

"What's with her and Corbyn not talking?" Daniel asked, lowering his voice as a concerned look was shown on his face.

"I think maybe they're just too busy," Zach shrugged, "not Kate, but maybe Corbyn is."

"Nah because he puts her over a lot of things." Jack shook his head.

"We had an argument." Kate interrupted their conversation, the girl stood at the door with her arms folded and leant against the doorframe, watching the four of them collectively then to her while slowly nodding.

"..about?" Daniel asked.

"Have you seen him?" She asked, changing the topic as they all nodded once again, "..where?"

"He'll be back in a moment." Jonah said, "you can sit down."

"I don't want to sit down." Kate told him.

"..okay." He mumbled, turning back to his laptop as Corbyn turned the corner to the room, stopping just outside the door where Kate was stood.

And as Kate looked over her shoulder at the boy, she turned to fully face him as he sighed and moved past her, placing his bottle of water beside his laptop with Kate watching him do so.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Didn't think you had it in you to be the first to-"

"Corbyn," Daniel raised his eyebrows, nodding his head towards the girl while he shook his head, "go."

The boy gave Daniel a glare before he walked out of the studio once again, this time shutting the down behind him as him and Kate went around a corner where his band mates weren't able to listen.

And as he leant against the wall, Kate stood there with her arms folded as she sighed and glanced around, slowly nodding as she looked back at him.

"You can finish your sentence now." She told him.

"Nah," he shook his head and stared at the floor, "I don't want to upset you."

"Well you've already upset me."

"I'm aware."

"Then why didn't you say anything?" Kate asked him as he looked up at her.

"...I was confused." He admitted, "and hurt."

"Alright," she nodded, "what made you hurt?"

"I hate to be that guy but I am on good terms with my ex," he explained, "it was a mutual break up, she is speaking to someone and so am I, our talk was just asking each other how we were doing."

"I didn't know she'd be there." Corbyn continued, "I know it looked weird to you because I cancelled date night and then was speaking to Christina but it was nothing, and I mean that."

"I'm hurt because you assumed and wouldn't accept an explanation," Corbyn sighed and shrugged.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." Kate replied, "I don't want to make it seem like what I'm saying is an excuse, I feel bad that i've upset you but at the time I still felt like I wasn't ready to trust you properly."

"I know you struggle with trusting people and that you still struggle with stuff your ex did, but how you reacted to what I said really hurt." Corbyn frowned, "but I understand why you reacted that way."

"If I was in a better mood and the date night wasn't cancelled, which I know was out of your control, I wouldn't have reacted that way," Kate shook her head, "I let my emotions get ahead of me and for that I'm sorry, it's fine that you're on good terms with her."

He nodded and gave her a small smile before he sighed, "I upset you too."

"You did." She nodded her head once.

"..what upset you?" He asked.

"We've cleared the whole ex and date night thing so you know my take on that," Kate looked at him as Corbyn nodded, "...I want us to actually try make something work."

"Okay."

"And it hurt when- and at the time I said this out of frustration, when you said I threw that phrase in for the sake of using it as pity, it fucking hurt." Kate explained.

"You actually meant it?" He raised his eyebrows with a frown on his face, watching her pause for a few moments before she hesitantly nodded, "I'm sorry."

"It was like in my mind since the night before," she shrugged, "I thought if I didn't say it you wouldn't know how I actually feel, but then you threw it back on me and I felt a little betrayed."

"I thought you were saying it to make me feel bad for cancelling and all," he mentioned, "i'm really sorry."

"It's okay, it was just a misunderstanding." She shook her head, "..but it would be nice to know how you feel?"

"Uh," he paused, "I like you Kate, I really do like you. It's just.. I don't think I feel the whole love thing yet."

"Okay." Kate nodded.

"I want something to work too and I'd love to put this argument behind us and move forward, but I don't think I love you." Corbyn explained, "but i'm willing to give us a try and see where things go."

"Yeah, okay." She smiled slightly, "..so what does that make us now?"

"Well," he furrowed his eyebrows, "are you free tomorrow lunch?"

"I am."

"Can I pick you up then and we wrap the conversation up there?" Corbyn asked her as she looked at him confused.

"But what are we so I know." Kate said.

"I have uh, I have things to do in the studio but tomorrow lunch we can finish this," he told her, "and wear something waterproof, it's due to rain."

"Are you serious..?" She frowned, watching him back away towards his studio again while she threw her arms up and sighed.

"Hey," he softly spoke, walking back over to her and placing a kiss on her forehead, "for now still more than friends, I just want to confirm it tomorrow, is that cool?"

"Mhm." Kate mumbled.

"Can I kiss you before I go?" He asked, lightly holding onto her waist as the girl looked up at him.

And with a smile, she nodded and leant in where their lips met for a few seconds, Corbyn eventually pulling away before he gave her a smile and headed back into the studio.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

tomorrow lunch... what we thinking? 🤨🤨