060; an actual date with me

THIRD PERSON.

A KNOCK ON THE DOOR HAD WOKEN CORBYN FROM his late afternoon nap before he planned to spend the night in the studio a few blocks away. A knock that seemed so aggressive he had immediately stood up and stumbled towards the door.

Still half asleep and still in his hoodie and sweats, the boy glanced towards the clock with a confused look on his face, noticing the weather outside pouring down with rain and wind picking up by the second.

But as another slightly aggressive knock was heard on the door, he threw his head back in slightly annoyance before eventually unlocking the front door and opening it, rubbing his eyes while doing so.

"Who got my parents involved?"

"Hm?" Corbyn's eyes were suddenly opened as he glanced down to the girl stood in front of him, her arms folded and giving him a glare while she shrugged, "oh my god, Katelyn."

"Who called people?" Kate asked him, being pulled inside from the boy to get out of the rain as he shut the door, "I don't want to come inside."

"Why?" He turned to look at her.

"I asked you two questions and you've ignored both of them." She replied and threw her hands up, "did you get my parents involved?"

"Kate, where have you been?" Corbyn shrugged, "I got a text from you about Isaac showing up and then you weren't at your apartment, what's with that?"

"I was staying somewhere." Kate told him, "but my parents are calling me non-stop and I didn't even know they had my number or cared about what I was doing, who did that?"

"Will did."

"Why?" Kate asked, "Will is friends with Isaac why would he care about where I am?"

"I don't know." Corbyn mumbled, "Where were you staying?"

"I want to know why Isaac-"

"Yeah I don't give a fuck about Isaac." He shook his head, "where were you? Who cares where he is."

"I was at a hotel." Kate told him as he paused.

"Why..? You said you were at your apartment." He slowly said as she shook her head.

"I left."

"I know that."

"I ended things." Kate said, "with Isaac."

"Okay." Corbyn nodded and smiled slightly, "but he doesn't live with you..?"

"No." Kate replied as she frowned, "but he got.. he- well he didn't take it well."

"As in..?" He tilted his head.

"As in I have a bruise on my arm from him.." Kate mumbled as she glanced away from Corbyn, "and still a headache from his yelling."

"You could've come here." Corbyn suggested.

"That would've been awkward." Kate laughed slightly as he shook his head, "...with what you said."

"I don't know." Corbyn paused before he shrugged, folding his arms as he sighed, "I'd rather we just pretend I never said that."

"You can't ignore what you've already said." Kate shook her head in confusion, "you said it, you meant it, it's out there."

"Yeah I said it at the wrong time." Corbyn argued, "I said it, you didn't take it well, I got the hint and I'm backing away."

"Oh." Kate froze, watching him slowly nod before he walked over to his kitchen and opened his fridge.

"Do you want a drink?" Corbyn asked her, "Hot chocolate, coffee..? Something so you can actually explain to me what you've been doing..?"

"Uh," she mumbled, "I made songs."

Corbyn went quiet, furrowing his eyebrows in slight confusion before peering his head around the fridge door and over to where Kate stood, watching her shrug.

"You made songs?"

"Yeah." She nodded, reaching into her bag and pulled out a flash drive, "they're all on here."

"Oh." He nodded once, "what are they about?"

"Many things," Kate said, placing it on his kitchen counter as she looked over to him, "one is about a guy that I have feelings for."

"Okay." Corbyn frowned.

"But I didn't want to tell him because I thought he was an asshole for the longest time," she explained, watching his frown grow more as he kept nodding to keep the girl happy, "and he's still not getting these hints."

"What?"

"Are you going to make me say it?" Kate tilted her head, a disgusted look on her face as Corbyn nodded in confusion, "are you serious?"

"What do you mean?" He laughed, "Katelyn I don't get what you're saying."

"It's you." She said and immediately turned her head away from the boy, "I have feelings for you and it's the whole reason I ended it with Isaac."

"Oh." Corbyn mumbled, a wide smile instantly appearing on his face as he cheeks turned a light red, "why didn't you say so when I said it."

"I don't like this conversation anymore," Kate frowned, turning away and beginning to walk to the door before arms were wrapped around her waist and she was pulled back closer to the boy.

"Answer my question."

"No this is-"

"Did you panic?" Corbyn asked, "I made you nervous? Is that why?"

"I was in denial." Kate shook her head, struggling to get out of Corbyn's grip, "and confused."

"Alright." He said, letting go of her as she turned round to face him once more, placing her hands on her sips, "with that information, are you free Friday night?"

"I am." She nodded.

"Would you like to go on a date?" He asked, "a serious one? Not for the media? Or just to hangout? An actual date with me?"

"I would." Kate folded her arms and smiled slightly.

"Okay.. and then we can talk about it all there?" He suggested as Kate nodded once more, "cool, and also do you want to stay over tonight?"

"If we can finish this conversation right now, yes." She replied, "I told you how I feel and I don't want to explain myself yet, end of conversation."

"Yes boss." He smiled.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

i know this chapter didn't answer everything
about the past few chapters but don't worry
it's all coming just be patient please