009; something different

THIRD PERSON.

KATE HAD ARRIVED ON TIME TO THEIR 'DATE' THAT following day, and Corbyn ended up being the one who was ten minutes late. So after a lecture from the girl about the clear hypocrisy, they finally sat down for their picnic that was planned for them.

It was a perfect target for fans or paparazzi to see them out together for lunch, a perfect way to gain attention without it being too obvious that it was their aim, except the pair didn't seem too pleased to be sat beside each other with anyone being able to see them.

"Is Evie still friends with you?" Corbyn asked, breaking their awkward silence as he took a sip of his drink, earning a nod from the girl opposite him, "She hasn't left you?"

"We live together," she replied, "Why would she leave me?"

"Because you're you."

"Haha, that's funny." Kate smiled before rolling her eyes, "You should be a comedian not a singer."

"You should get an actual job not be a fake girlfriend," Corbyn replied, returning the smile as he shortly received a glare from her.

"Evie and I are still very much friends, thank you." Kate said, "We have an apartment together and we are doing great."

"I thought you'd still be living with your parents to be honest," Corbyn shrugged, watching her smile drop before she let out a sigh, "What?"

"They kicked me out." She mumbled, looking up at him and expecting a laugh in return until she picked up on the small frown appearing on his face, "Don't do that it was my fault."

"What did you do?"

"I stole from them." Kate admitted before glancing around their surroundings, "they had a valid reason to kick me out so it's okay, you can laugh about it now."

"Do you talk to them still?" He asked her as she shook her head.

"Sometimes, but I haven't spoken to them in.. I don't know why i'm telling you this i'm changing the subject," Kate rolled her eyes, "Back to Evie, she likes some of your songs."

"And you don't?"

"I haven't listened to them," the girl looked his way, "And I don't want to listen to them."

"What if a fan asks you what your favourite song is?" Corbyn tilted his head, grabbing a strawberry from their selection of food before Kate sighed.

"Then I'll say it's something different." She shook her head before hearing him burst into laughter, "What?"

"I mean if you want to get bullied by them then go for it," Corbyn smiled, "Just say it's I still do, that's a favourite across the fandom."

"Are you setting me up?"

"No, no i'm serious they love I still do," he quickly nodded, "Just do not say something different, that won't go down well."

"Alright," she raised her eyebrows and shook her head, "also I don't know the names of your band mates."

"How do you not know?"

"Because I don't study your band," the girl replied with a confused look on her face, "I'm sorry I didn't realise I had to know everything about every single one of you."

"I was in that band before we graduated." Corbyn told her, "You knew them then."

"I forgot about them." She argued, "They're not that special for me to remember them."

"But as soon as someone mentions my name you know who I am?" Corbyn rolled her eyes.

"Oh obviously," she shrugged and smiled, "Because I love to ruin your day."

"Why don't you ruin some other guys day?" Corbyn suggested, "Like uh, that guy you like... Isaac?"

"Oh my god I would never ruin his day," Kate stared at the boy in disbelief, "He's too perfect to make upset, I could never do that to him."

"You're not dating him."

"We're on a break." The girl frowned, "He's a brunette, you should take some tips from him."

"My hair is fine as it is." He told her, "I'm not changing it because you don't like it."

"I'm your girlfriend though," Kate replied, sticking out her bottom lip slightly as the boy opposite her raised a brow, "If you went brunette maybe you'd pull more girls."

"If you shut your mouth maybe you'd be more likeable," Corbyn said, a sarcastic smile appearing on his face before looking down at the selection of food.

"Why would I try be more likeable?"

"Do you not want people to like you?"

"I'm not going to put on a front so that people I don't like can like me," Kate shrugged, "They can fuck off, i'm not trying to be liked by everybody."

"That's not what I meant." Corbyn looked up at her.

"You mean your fans." She said as he nodded, "They don't have to like me, it's not me they support it's you."

"Kate," he sighed, putting his head in his hands.

"I'm kidding," she laughed slightly, "They don't have to like me but I can be nice when I want to be."

"Really? I'm trying really hard to believe that."

"I never said be nice to you, I mean to your fans." Kate shook her head as she grabbed her drink, "I will be nice to your fans if they come up to me, I just refuse to be nice to you."

"You are so annoying," he groaned, shaking his head before he stood himself up.

"And you're storming off, alright." Kate nodded.

"I'm going on a walk," Corbyn told her, "To calm myself down before I throw my drink over you."

"That's the best you could do? Throw a drink over me?" Kate raised her eyebrows, "I spat in yours a few days ago."

"I know and that was disgusting," he frowned, "I'll be back in ten minutes."

"Have fun," she smiled, giving him a wave goodbye and receiving nothing more than a middle finger from him, watching Corbyn storm off towards one of the pathways through the trees.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

i love this book so much