Chapter Nine

I am deeply sorry for not updating.

Third P.O.V

  Before she could retaliate the door opened in it stood the secretary that led them to the room. After clearing her throat she began to speak, "The Hokage would like to speak with Shino, Shikamaru, and Naruto." She said in a shaky voice.

The said three quickly followed behind her to the room they left not long ago. Once they entered they could immediately sense the massive amount of K.I in the air. But it wasn't directed at them so it didn't really have an affect on them.

Shino looked around looking for the person or people releasing it when his eyes landed on the Hokage and Kurama. He leaned over to Naruto and whispery, "Hey, don't you think we should do something?" Voice laced with concern.

  Naruto held a thoughtful look on his face for a split second before answering. "Yeah, you're right. There are some chairs over there let's go put them to use." He said pointing to the chairs towards the farthest corner of the room. The two sweat dropped at the redheads attitude. It's not like it's something new for them, in fact it's far from it.

  They just never understood how he could be so carefree and unaffected by the things happening around him.

  They followed him over to the chairs he spotted somehow. While they were making their way over to them the council and Hokage along with Kurama continued on with the conversation.

  "Hiruzen, I'm sure that-"

  "You will address me as Hokage! Do I make myself clear?!"

  "Yes Hokage, but you have to understand where I'm coming from. He's a male. And there aren't any more of the Uzumaki or Namikaze bloodline! He has to be put into the system. There are many females, girls and women alike, that would love to reproduce with him once they understand!" A councilman said, trying to get a point across.

Trying.

"And as you have heard me state multiple times I will not be putting my grandson in the CRP! I wouldn't care if he were a woman, he isn't going to be forced to breed because of your selfishness."

At this Shino and Shikamaru perked up. They're trying to breed him? Absurd.

Shikamaru had heard stories of the CRP but to be sitting in the room while they talked about putting someone into the program involuntarily is revolting.

  He looked at Naruto only to see him sporting an unbothered look or that's what you would see from a glance.

  'He's unbothered? There's no way. The only way he can be is if...'

  His eyes widened ever so slightly. "You expected this to happen didn't you?"

  "Yes, I did. But for it to be happening this soon is almost a shock. You would think they would at least have some restraint and or etiquette to wait until the exams are over."

  To anyone who didn't know the red haired boy it may look bored but the two know better. He's absolutely seething.

"Hokage there is no selfishness! It's what's best for the village! He needs to be breed and made a weapon to protect The Leaf. The only person being selfish is you." Danzō scuffed.

  The room fell eerily silent. No one dared to say anything. No matter how mad or concerned anyone on the council ever has been they've never went as far as that. They watched as Hiruzen stood from his chair.

  Danzō has been more Danzō like lately. It's unnerving, he's planning something. That was all he needed to hear to know it's true. He's put up with the bastard long enough.

  "Danzō Shimura, by order of I, the third Hokage, your place on the council is now being stripped. That includes civilian and shinobi." He said in a calm tone, though there was something else there. Even a untrained ear could hear it, which was easy seeing as it's quiet enough to hear a mouse piss on cotton.

  Or hear a pin drop if you prefer that.

  Every person in the room look at the third in stupefaction. There's no way, no way possible he just did that.

  Though they all looked at him the same the two sides of the council felt different from the other.

  The civilian portion in anger and fear. They've been helping Danzō for years, and vice versa. Whether it's legally or illegally. He's been their way to know what's happening on the shinobi side, and they've been his was of knowing what happening on the civilian side. It goes deeper than just petty crimes also.

  While the shinobi fragment felt relief, happiness even. Danzō has always been a thorn in their side. Whether it be indirectly or directly. He's been breathing down the clan heads necks about their children. And going as far as trying to demote and promote Chunin and Jonin from their ranks without the authority.

  Danzō on the other hand held a passive expression. As always the Hokage had a hard time riddling out his thoughts behind it. But, at the moment he couldn't bring himself to care.

  Danzō just needs to agree and leave quietly. However if he agree or disagrees it doesn't matter. He's not the one with the authority.

  Though not visible from the outside Danzō was having a internal battle.

'No. No, no, no, no, no. No! No! No! NO! This wasn't supposed to happen! He's supposed to be a pushover. He can't do that!'

The occupants of the room all turned towards the now former council member when his fist hit the table, leaving a noticeable crack might I add.

"You can't do that! You don't have enough power to forbid me from the council!" He was livid. His plans were crumbling, one by one.

First the demon brat left the village before he could put a seal on him. Now he's being stripped of his seat on the council.

'Dammit! Maybe the civilians can..... the civilians? He'd listen to them. Fair play. What he's doing isn't fair play. Ok, collect yourself'

Danzō breathed in a breath before sighing. He plastered a fake smile on his face. "Hokage this isn't fair play, as you would say. Why are you the only one deciding here? Here on the council we make choices by votes. From both the civilians or shinobis. Why don't we vote it out?" Danzō responded.

The nin side didn't like this, not one bit. The civilian side has more people, even though it's only by three, Danzō knows that. While Hiruzen may be Hokage regrettably Danzō has a point. That's how all major decisions are made. They turned to look at the old man.

He was shaking with anger.

"DANZŌ I AM THE HO-" before he could finish he was interrupted.

"Hokage, I believe he is right. Let's decide by voting. No matter Kage or child system or voting is a system of voting." A voice said. They knew the secretary was sent to get him but when did he come in.

A chair could be heard on the other side on the room skidding. They all focused on the person now standing and who interrupted a angered Hiruzen.

Sarutobi looked at Naruto. He trusted him he would put his life in the boys hands and put it on the line when and if needed. But sometimes, just sometimes, he really didn't quite understand the boy. But knowing him there was something he himself could be over looking but the younger took into consideration. Or something he knew that the older didn't.

"Listen to him old fart. Whatever he's thinking is going to help you out." It was Kurama out spoke lowly in his ear. He'd forgotten about him. He'd have to apologize for yelling with the two of them in the room later also.

Rubbing his temples he calmed down. No use being stressed out with he's got these two in the same room.

He sighed and relaxed his posture. He began speaking, "All in favor of Danzō Shimira's place on the council of Konohagakure being stripped, raise your right hand and say I."

*TO BE CONTINUED*