𖧷 Stubborn ~ 𝕋𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕪𝕀𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕥 𖧷

Y/N - Your name

Takes place in the dsmp

~<𖧷>~

I see Tommy on the way out of the L'manberg gates with an empty backpack resting on his shoulders.

I run up to him and call out.

"Tommy! Where you headed?"

He turns to look at me, hands gripping the straps of his backpack.

"I'm off to grab some of my stuff from the embassy."

"Can I come with you?"

He furrows his eyebrows a little, wanting me to stay here and keep safe with the others.

"No, stay here."

"Why? I wanna come help you."

"Please stay here-"

"Tommy, let me come with you!"

My small outburst silences him and he looks at me with widened eyes.

"I wanna help you and keep you safe, at least safer that you'd be if you were alone. What if you get caught by Dream?" I reason, grabbing his shoulders tightly.

He stares into my eyes, thinking about it.

"I don't want you at risk, though-"

"Tommy, I don't care, okay? I mean, I love that you're trying to protect me," he averts his eyes with a slight blush, "but I want to protect you. If the Dream Team gets to you, it's three against one. What do you think will happen if you're alone against them?"

He lets out a sigh, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Plus, I've got my cloaking and shield abilities. I can get us away if anything does happen. Please."

His shoulders droop a little, but he finally cracks.

"Okay, okay. You can come."

I smile brightly, briefly hugging him before I grab his hand and tug him through the gates and up the stairs.

He chuckles, keeping up with me.

We head to the embassy to retrieve what he wants.

~𖧷~

Tommy rummages through the chests of his abode, shoving some things into his backpack.

I stand by the door to keep an eye out before Tommy calls me over.

"Hey, Y/N, come look at this."

I take one last glance out the window before going to his side to see what he'd uncovered.

"I found your pendant." he says, holding it up for me to see.

I gasp, gently taking it from his outstretched hands.

"I'd been looking for this everywhere."

The pendant is a little locket with a gem on the front of it. I never knew what to put in the locket, but I still kept it. It was a gift from one of Tommy's brothers a while back.

We haven't seen him in years, though.

The pendant was a parting gift, and we haven't seen him since.

I sigh, reminiscing on the past as I gaze at the special necklace.

"I miss him, too." Tommy mutters.

I sigh, nodding, and I place the pendant in the pocket of my pants.

"Do you have everything?" I ask, and he nods, glancing back at the chests and to the doors of the embassy.

"Yep, let's go."

We walk out and look around before heading back to the stairs leading to L'manberg.

"Tommy, Y/N, fancy seeing you guys out here... this late."

A familiar condescending voice calls out, halting us in our tracks.

"Oh no..." Tommy mutters, an anxious expression forming on his face.

"Remember what I told you..." I whisper.

He nods, and we turn to look at Dream and his two friends. George and Sapnap.

Where's that gold-digging blondie..?

Probably polishing his gold chain necklace, somewhere...

"What are you guys doing out at this hour?" Dream asks, a demanding tone in his voice.

"Uh-... just, getting some.. stuff." Tommy stutters out.

It's not a complete lie...

"Hmmm. And what kind of stuff?"

"My stuff./Mind your own business." Tommy and I say at the same time.

We briefly glance at each other before back at Dream.

"No need to be snippish, just wondering why you're out so late. You haven't been up to stealing or griefing... have you?" Dream asks in a dark tone, sending shivers up our spines.

"What's it to you?" I snap, glowering at the asshole in front of us.

"You shouldn't be out here, you could get hurt." Dream says, his tone filled with mock-concern.

"Oh, don't act like you care." I growl out, seeing his expression darken.

"Y/N, I think it's about time we left-"

Tommy's cut off by an arrow embedding itself into the tree just to the right of my face.

My eyes widen, and I realize where Punz is.

I see him hiding behind a couple trees behind the Dream Team, concealed in the darkness.

Not concealed enough.

The Dream Team starts to advance on us, and I cloak Tommy and I before throwing an invisible shield between us and them.

I hold onto Tommy's wrist and we run down the stairs toward L'manberg.

We get through the gates and run into my little house that the boys all helped me build.

I lock the door behind us and fall back onto the small couch, breathing heavily. I lay on my back, legs draped over the arm rest.

I glance at Tommy as he sets his bag onto the coffee table and sits on the empty couch cushion, just above my head.

We stare at each other for a moment before bursting into giggles.

We sigh at the same time after calming ourselves.

"That was too close." he mutters, glancing down at me.

I prop myself up on my elbows and move myself toward him a little so I could rest my head on his lap.

I lay my hands on my my stomach.

"Yeah, it was." I mutter, staring at the ceiling. "But I did what I said I'd do if we came across the Dream Team." I say, glancing up at him.

His eyes meet mine, and a devious smirk makes its way onto my face.

He sighs, rubbing his forehead with his eyes closed.

"You were right... I'm glad you came with me and you're right to be so stubborn..."

My smirk widens.

"...sometimes."

A smile had never faded so fast, and a bruise had never appeared on one's shoulder so fast.

"Damn, woman, you pack a punch-"

He flinched at the sight of me even slightly raising my fist.

"-okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

"Good."

I smile and peck his cheek, laying back down on his lap again.

He finds himself playing with my hair, making a tiny braid.

"...I'm glad we got out of that in one piece." he mutters, concentrating on the small braid.

"I am too."

~<𖧷>~