21.9

The number 17 car pulls into the pit road before coming to its pit stop

"Jack, you realize you got this in the bag, right?" Buddy Hubbard asks Jack Toretto as he unclips the net on Jack's window.

Carrie Davis tosses a water to Buddy before Jack takes the water that Buddy offers him

Carrie Davis tosses a water to Buddy before Jack takes the water that Buddy offers him. "Season's wrapped up, man. Doesn't matter where you place."
"I'm telling you, I got intermittent miss," Jack says as he hands the water back to Buddy, who tosses it to Carrie. "The last two laps."
"On it!" Buddy says before turning to one of the pit crew members. "Get those plug wires!"
"Jakob! Now," Jack yells at his youngest son, who happens to be the crew member that Buddy was yelling at. Jakob nods before raising the hood of the car as Dominic, Jack's oldest son, rushes over.
"Hey, Pop," Dom says as he leans against the window. Carrie smiles as she does every time she sees the three Toretto men in their element.
"Tell me what you see Dom," Jack orders as he looks at his son proudly.
"Got an oil spill going into turn two," Dom explains as he begins to list everything that he has seen. "Bell's driving safe. Corbin's got a sponsor in the stands, so he's pushing it. You got a real problem with car 23."
"Linder," Jack says with a nod as he has seen it too. Linder's crew starts yelling at Dom, causing Carrie to yell at them. Dom begins to argue with Linder's crew, who are two spaces back. "Hey! Leave it. You too, Carrie. He's just pissed because I got that spot in the Busch Series next season, not him. Life's got no shortage of guys like Kenny Linder."
"You're good!" Jakob tells him as he closes the hood before patting it, walking over to Carrie before wrapping an arm around her.
"It's not about being the stronger man, Dom," Jack advises his son, who is clipping the net back. "It's about being the bigger one." Jack takes off back onto the track. Linder follows behind him before bumping into the back of another car.
"I swear to god, this guy," Dom says as he shakes his head while watching the race. "Pop, turn two, turn two!"
"Got it. I'm walking him in," Jack says as he drives high on the track. Jack quickly drops lower on the track as he sees the oil spill that Dom had mentioned, causing Linder to drive into it which causes him to slightly lose control and bump into the wall. "Tell me what you see, Dom." Dom quickly moves to where he can see the rest of the track.
"He's gonna come at you for that," Dom says as he keeps looking between his dad and Linder. "Get ready on your left." Carrie notices that Jakob starts to frown before she nudges him.
"Hey, he's got this," Carrie tells him with a smile, which causes Jakob to lightly smile before kissing her on the forehead. Linder drops to Jack's left while Jack looks down at his dash as it begins to make noise. Linder bumps into Jack, causing his car to turn before connecting with the wall as it catches fire. The car rolls as it is hit by another car while Dom rips his headset off before running towards the track with Buddy right behind him. Buddy grabs Dom, holding him back from being ran over as he cries and yells for his dad. Carrie holds onto Jakob as he falls to his knees.
"That's my dad! That's my dad!" Dom yells as Buddy continues to hold him back.
"He's gone! He's gone!" Buddy says as he looks at the burning car in shock.
"We got to get him out of there," Dom says as he fights against Buddy while Jakob stares at the burning car, wondering if it was his fault while Carrie rubs his back in an attempt to sooth him. "We got to get him out of there! That's my dad! That's my dad! That's my dad! That's my dad! Get him out of there! That's my dad!"